Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you didn't see it in the other thread I am up in LA today getting the Black vinyl film installed on the roof on Roxie. The company is a small motorsport shop and their work on the web looked awesome so I made the drive.

Here is their web site:
Vinyl Overlays

I will have pics of the roof (with my new black LED mirrors on) later tomorrow (Sunday)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Mission Complete--John did an awesome Job! I get the spoiler put on tomorrow!
front view--

Rear View

And finally a preview of the spoiler (sitting on the car--installed tomorrow)

Let me know what the forte tribe thinks...

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I think it looks very good :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can't wait for more pics of the spoiler. I'm thinking about getting that one when spring gets here. Looks awesome so far.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car is at the Body shop now--will post pics later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for all the comments--I am curious as to what others thing of the mods...Viz, BlkSX, etc...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow! Soar, that looks so good! The red/black contrast works perfectly on your Koup! Nice job!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Looks fantastic!:cool:

I like how the concept had the two tone but that was because of the glass. I would do mine but its black..... lol

I would love to see the white one done! somebody do the same on a white koup!

Can you post a pic that shows most of the top please? Do you think Kia will be a D**K when it comes to paint issues?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are the up close shots of the roof--The paint underneath is not harmed in this process.

Front View

Rear view

White was my first choice in colors (wanted the sedan). This would look awesome on the sedan as well!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah they did an awesome job. JDSdesignfactory rocks! I loved the Skyline GTR in the parking lot--very cool!

Update: The body shop punted on the spoiler citing no template. So those getting this spoiler be sure you work with the body shop to explain the instructions and the t-bars. Otherwise, they are not going to want to drill a new car without a paper template.

As a result, I will be installing this myself with the help of a friend.

On Christmas eve I am going to Ed Hanson's Muffler Service in Spring Valley (Who has done all of my Exhaust Systems--850hp LT1, 300HP Miata, 290HP Sorento) to see if a single transverse muffler from Dynomax will fit for a custom dual exhuast. I have asked him to make templates for everyone on here if it works. He has one of these on a civic and it sounds great--not ricey. Let me know if UR interested. He is willing to copy and mail the kit.

·
Registered
696 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost to have the roof done with the vinyl? I'm thinking about having mine done except with the hood and trunk as well.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Folks--

Here are your answers...

Q: Cost
A: It was 120.00 installed at jdsdesignfactory.com

Q: Roadruns Emblem
A: This one is a cheat. I bought this item and cut away the lip and removed the decal from the larger holder. Needed to heat it up but it worked like a champ. I am glad you like it.

::SFR:: Seoulfulracing Online Store/Community

Q: San Diego?
A: Yes, I do live in San Diego and go Chargers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Folks--

Here are your answers...

Q: Roadruns Emblem
A: This one is a cheat. I bought this item and cut away the lip and removed the decal from the larger holder. Needed to heat it up but it worked like a champ. I am glad you like it.

::SFR:: Seoulfulracing Online Store/Community
Wow....Soar how u cut it? it look so perfect.....:eek:
Can share how u did it...??
Btw you mean heat it up the original kia enblem to remove from the boot or heat up the tape behind the Roadruns emblem to remove the tape before cutting the lip?
Really need your help cos really love the emblem...Cheers....^^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts