Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me start by saying this only works for the koup you need the light up speakers sry sedan owners much love but you know

1 tools
Electrical Tape
Wire Stripers
Short phillips head screw driver
Small Wrenche

2 unhook the batterie then lets start pulling stuff off. pull the fuzz box cover off it just snaped on it should look like this when done

3 there are 4 screws (phillips)holding on the lower dash half 2 are behind the fuzz box cover then 2 more on the dash it self left and right side after your done that start pulling on the dash at the bottom right side be nice when pulling up then its just to snaps on the front half then 2 more on fuzz box side use your screwdriver to push the snaps in and pull off you will be looking for this

it is snaped on to your emission test plug bracket once you unsnaped it you will need to pull the top of the plug out of the white thing. ok lets get started on wireing you will see 2 red wires going in to the white peace cut them and strip some of the cover off i used both red wires for each led so it dont stran one wire take the red wire from the led's and wrap them all togther then using your Electrical tape cover all the wire that is exposed take the grounding wire and wrap it around a bolt that is touching the car frame undo the bolt then wrap the black wire to the bolt and tighten it back up stick you led's where you want them hook it all back up then your batterie turn your key one time and your led's should come on

i hope this is good info any ? email me and i will try and help you

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
they turn on and off with the car key this only gets power from turning the key one time or from starting the car when you turn your car off they go off i will video tape it and show you guys it works here is a video i just took with my iphone

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the write-up.

I want to wire them in a way so I can turn them off with a toggle or switch while driving the car. Don't think I would want them on all the time, just sometimes. :cool:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Very nice write up and thanks a lot. I am curious though... why do people not use capitals and proper punctuation anymore? It's hard to follow what's going on when you don't know where a sentence starts or ends.

·
Registered
318 Posts
are you able to control the lights with switch for the speaker ring lights?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Dang,

Anyone know how to mod this for sedan?

I honestly have to say one of the biggest difference between sedan + koup (aside from the clear obvious) is the LED speaker rings.

Have no idea why sedan doesnt have it..

Thanks

-Forte333

·
Registered
202 Posts
lol yep those lights bring a mood when you go out for a good time, I like them, fuunny i use to think their were such a waste of time but no way, I was wrong

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys. its a good post. did anybody use LED strip that powers up from 12 V dash port? i mean that all this aftermarket wiring into car electric can cause minor or major problems. i want to plug it in and use it with remote if possible (JDM has it). there are 2 12V inputs. so i use just one. thx!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Very nice write up and thanks a lot. I am curious though... why do people not use capitals and proper punctuation anymore? It's hard to follow what's going on when you don't know where a sentence starts or ends.
Texting has pretty much obliterated proper punctuality these days. I am scared to see what 10 years down the road will look like. I have read chats and e-mails from my nieces and nephews and I am astonished at all the errors and they have no idea what errors I am talking about.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Texting has pretty much obliterated proper punctuality these days. I am scared to see what 10 years down the road will look like. I have read chats and e-mails from my nieces and nephews and I am astonished at all the errors and they have no idea what errors I am talking about.
hahahaha-
i've worked as a police dispatcher for the last 23 years-
dispatchers have always have had their own 'texting' shortcuts-
but this new generation of kids coming joining up into my job- they are bringing their "habits" with them.......
but they are forgetting that they are working with cops/dispatchers that have been around for awhile
many a call has been sent down by the "youngsters" which has to be translated
not saying us old school folks dont "get" it-

but when it comes to "exact" translations- in my job- you gotta be right on with what you are saying and what the cops are looking for, rather than being "trendy/hipster" by tossing out the latest versions of words and phrases...

funny to think that we (oldsters) see the word "fuzz" we thought of the police, fuzz built up on sweaters, someone that had short curly hair had fuzz........
but now- we find its a technical term for type of sacrificial overcurrent protection device
(and upon several readings of the write up- i was willing to allow for english to xxx translations- then looked at the posters location- damn- if maryland is that bad off- no wonder florida is heading to the apocalypse about 10 years ahead of everyone else)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Your spelling and grammar is embarrassing. Please remember, when people try to do a search, it will be very hard to find anything if the word 'fuse' is spelled 'fuzz'. I would be ashamed to refer a new Koup owner to this site if all the posts were that poorly written, thankfully they aren't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts