Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Koup owners here is a thread that has been going on in the sedan body kits and appearance. I have found a seller, located in korea, who has access to brand new oem parts. for the ex owners wanting fogs here is a fair price, in my opinion, to buy them.

KOUP OWNERS, I confirmed that the fog light kit is avialable for the same price as the sedan
- OEM fog lamp cover
1. price : 18usd for left and right 2p.
2. Shipping charge :
- Slow EMS with tracking : 19usd
- Fast EMS with tracking : 32usd

- OEM fog lamp assembly
1. price : 52usd for left and right 2p.
2. Shipping charge :
- Slow EMS with tracking : 28usd
- Fast EMS with tracking : 46usd

The Email address for this contact is
[email protected]
and the persons name is Young Kim.
This contact will send a sample pic of the part if requested.
The transaction was through PayPal

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
So is the $52 per side for the lamps or $52 for the 2 piece set? If that's for the set, that's hella cheap.

What do you do for a switch? Is all of the necessary wiring available on the car already? Is this a plug and play deal?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Are the covers glossy black like that picture? If so do they have the flat black version since my EX has flat black in the front and back and would look a little out of place with this part glossy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is $52 for both left and right, mine also came with factory bulbs, that an extra $15 saved. For the switch im just going to use a universal wiring harness.

Im would guess that its only available in glossy black, since these are oem parts for the sx. email the seller with any questions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great, thank you for this info. Ordering as we speak. I will just have my covers painted the flat black for cheap at my local shop to match my cars scheme.
I, with help from Orange Crush, installed LED lights in my foot-wells on both sides of my car. When we did this we found out that the EX does indeed have a fog light fuse connections already in place in the fuse box over top of the battery. It will only take a little wiring much similiar to what i did for my LEDs, and as I did for my lights, i think it will be great to mount another switch in the spaces available to the left of the steering wheel where the traction control switch is. This is were my LED switch is. I cant wait and will post up pics of install when complete. Much thanks again and I greatly appreciate the info, been waiting for this one!

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ya, I saved the link from soar4fun's post awhile ago, planning ahead in case this post came up sometime in the future, which I am thrilled it did. I have been looking forward to someone like this seller for awhile now. He has already replied to my email and the parts are on the way. I really do thank you "bradleytri" and greatly appreciate you sharing your info and not just keeping it to yourself as to benefit the group.

As for the painting, I have a good relationship with my local shop that will powder coat the covers for me a flat black for really cheap, as well as install the fogs as driving fogs as driving lights and offer me a life-tiome warranty for any flaws that may show up in the future from road damage, such as chips and dings. In my opinion, unless you are a auto mechanic in your spare time and know a lot about cars inside and out, I suggest taking it to your local specialty shop because they know what they are doing in most cases, and at least mine offers a lifetime warranty in-case something gets messed up. I have already experienced their wonderful commitment to honoring their warranties when my tint needed redone. They fixed the small problems with my tint and I am sure that if anything goes wrong with the fogs they will honor it just the same.

It boils down to how good of a relationship you have with your local shop and even if your a first timer, just go in to your local shop and talk to them like friends and build a good customer-seller relationship or on the other hand if you know your stuff when it comes to your KOUP, do it yourself and save a little green. Even if its just going in their and buying some interior lights or chrome accents. That will give you at least a foot in the door to start a negotiative relationship with your local shop. If your local shop is anything like mine I am sure they can work something out that is professional and inexpensive at the same time.

Again, Thank you so much for this sellers info, and I cant wait to install them. I will 4 sure post up pics when fogs are finally on my EX (cause I was apparently to cheap to just buy the SX) as most SX owners tell me.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Again, Thank you so much for this sellers info, and I cant wait to install them. I will 4 sure post up pics when fogs are finally on my EX (cause I was apparently to cheap to just buy the SX) as most SX owners tell me.
Yes thanks very much for this info. Something I've been wanting to do ever since I got the car but have held off cause of the $550 price the dealer quoted me.

And I haven't heard anyone question my decision on purchasing the EX instead of the SX so far but I would say who cares. I got my EX because in my opinion it looked better than any other SX they had on the lot. It was the only Titanium Koup they had which I wanted. I also liked how the EX wheels matched the paint job on the Titanium and think the SX wheels look cheap. The black SX interior also looks boring and cheap to me so I got the two tone cream and black interior. But in the end someone may have a completely different opinion of why they like theirs better (look, price, etc.). I don't think anybody should be judging anyones car unless that person asks for their opinion.

The only thing I want from the SX is the fog lights and now I can get them for a good price. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any news about this mod for those who tried it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts