Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI Service department called today to let me know there is a recall on the Sun Roof. I am sorry I dont have anymore details than that. I will try to get more info when I take it in and edit this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Really!?
Ive noticed that on my sunroof the front left corner sticks up a little more than the right when closed. Ive been meaning to go to the dealer about it. Now im definitely gonna get it checked out!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I think what you are referring to is a TSB, not a recall. Some early Fortes may make a noise from the sunroof bracket hitting the frame. They have to take the sunroof off and make some bends to add clearance. If you hear a banging noise in your sunroof take it in and they will fix it. My sedan doesn't have a problem but my Koup's sunroof does make a noise so I'll have to get them to do this on it -- for a long time I thought it was the passenger door...LoL!

TSB No. KT2010022602 Service Action: Forte Koup (TD) Sunroof Noise Repair (SA030) (BOD-057)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think what you are referring to is a TSB, not a recall. Some early Fortes may make a noise from the sunroof bracket hitting the frame. They have to take the sunroof off and make some bends to add clearance. If you hear a banging noise in your sunroof take it in and they will fix it.

you could be right... I just quoted what they said "recall" I agree I usually associate "recall" with "omg my car is going to kill me" so first thing that came to mind is my sun roof falling off and killing a biker following me. Now all I can think about is how bad it's going to leak when I get it back.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The good thing is the part they have to bend has nothing to do with the seal. it is to the sides of the sunroof brackets. If you go to the Kia Global Tech website you can read up on it and check out the pictures.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This brings up another question. Ive been told not to use your sunroof when in motion around 40 MPH cause it will break off. Anyone heard of that?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not personally ever heard of that... I guess because of its "on top of the car" design it is something that could in theory happen. But I would hope it would take more than 40 mph to break it. I know I have done 80 on highway with it open. It worked fine. Noisy as hell but it worked fine.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I don't know what the difference would be. It's securely mounted to the track it slides in, it shouldn't matter if it's opening, or open at 80mph. It's not like a convertible top. Just goes to show that you indeed shouldn't believe everything you hear.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The dealer mentioned that to me also-the TSB. I'm not having any problems with it right now so I'm not getting it done.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok ... just got back from the Dealer and it was indeed just some little metal piece they "reshape" to avoid some sort of vibration noise that has been complained about. That beind said Service department rocked. I was in and out and they were super nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The sun shade almost killed me

:eek2:

I was driving back from New Hampshire this summer and the sunshade inside broke off and almost left the car. When I brought it to the attention of Kia the service people said it would be about 900 to fix it. Cheap plastic anchors the fiberglass shade in a track and when they brake off its bad. I had to pull the car over and remove the shade before I continued driving.

Friends don't let friends drive Kias... I need better friends.

:eek2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts