Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking to get an exhaust or muffler. I really like the sxr exhaust (Nice deep tone, but not obnoxious loud when cruising/accelerating) but its about $700. Are there any other good exhaust, I like the ark performance, not so much turbokits (Dont like the pops after you let off the throttle) I like the sxr because its a kia part and wouldn't do anything to the warranty. I was looking to maybe get an axle back with a aftermarket muffler and have a shop make the axle back piping so i could switch it out easily if i wanted to put the stock back on for warranty reasons(i know they have to prove the exhaust is why something failed but i would rather just avoid it if anything serious happened). Any imput would be appreciated,
Thanks!

2,213 Posts
in no way can a muffler hurt an engine! unless you dont bolt it on right and it falls off and punctures the gas tank and the sparks ignite the fuel and the whole car blows up!!! lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Oh boy another one..... lol op just read on here and yea a bolt on won't do anything to your engine as theyhave been researched and made for guess who us forte owners but don't act surprised when you gym what you pay for. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
There are some Magnaflows that sound pretty nice, and you can put whatever tips you like. I would also say that it'd be cheaper to get an axle back custom made. Had the axle back dual exhaust custom made and with mufflers and tips and was around $400.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have searched quite a bit and found lots of stuff, I guess im looking for one that sounds most like the sxr exhaust.
Also if anyone has it or the magnaflow(either one) how loud is it when cruising?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Well my Magnaflows have a bit of a drone, but there also two of them so.... I know Shaksforte has a different model Magnaflow and he likes their sound. We have threads with videos of their sound, just in case. :) Let's see if anyone with an R exhaust answers your post, as there are some with it. Either way, good luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well my Magnaflows have a bit of a drone, but there also two of them so.... I know Shaksforte has a different model Magnaflow and he likes their sound. We have threads with videos of their sound, just in case. :) Let's see if anyone with an R exhaust answers your post, as there are some with it. Either way, good luck.
Which magnaflow do you have? where can i find that video?
Thanks

·
Registered
585 Posts
Keep in mind that many people have tried an aftermarket muffler only to return back to stock. The typical complaints are: droning, buzzing, feeling like you are sitting in a tuba, passengers complaining...etc...keep the original muffler...just in case!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keep in mind that many people have tried an aftermarket muffler only to return back to stock. The typical complaints are: droning, buzzing, feeling like you are sitting in a tuba, passengers complaining...etc...keep the original muffler...just in case!
Very true, the more im thinking about it I want the ark performance exhaust, or the sxr axle back

·
Registered
166 Posts
no one talk about DYNOMAX, I have mine and im VERY happy of the sound, tried these magnaflow and for my choice its sound too much loud so the dynomax is the way to go !

the par number for the 2'' 1/4 in-out is 17731

and for the 2'' in-out its 17730 (for the ones that just want to fit it to the oem line)

I really recommand you to remove all the oem line and put a mandrel bend custom made 2 1/4 line with a resonator+dynomax 17731 you will really see the gain under your pedal trust me !+ its don't sound like a civic on steroïdes(like the magnaflow one wish sound more raspy and high tone) :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no one talk about DYNOMAX, I have mine and im VERY happy of the sound, tried these magnaflow and for my choice its sound too much loud so the dynomax is the way to go !

the par number for the 2'' 1/4 in-out is 17731

and for the 2'' in-out its 17730 (for the ones that just want to fit it to the oem line)

I really recommand you to remove all the oem line and put a mandrel bend custom made 2 1/4 line with a resonator+dynomax 17731 you will really see the gain under your pedal trust me !+ its don't sound like a civic on steroïdes(like the magnaflow one wish sound more raspy and high tone) :)
Awesome! How much did it run you? any sound clip you could post?

·
Registered
166 Posts

there you go but in that clip I still have the 2'' IN/OUT dynomax and have no resonator, you can see how quiet it is :) but you can still hear a little shhiiiiiiii sound during hard accel wish is the dynomax making the restriction since its smaller than the rest of the line wish is fixed now :)

with the new 2 1/4 dynomax+resonator its so much better and I recommand you this way :)

Ill make you an updated clip of the sound if you want it but its approx the same

·
Registered
732 Posts
I like my SX exhaust.. Plus the whole SRI Mod makes enough sound lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts