Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey glad to see theres a big comunity of people devoted to these little gems. My name is Justin and I'm driving a 2011 Forte Koup SX Luxury in Titanium. I tinted the windows, got some aftermarket rims, nice rubbers and swapped out all the generic Kia badges with the Loden carbon K badges. Looks good but it's no where near enough!

I have been driving this car since 2016 (I am the 2nd owner, first owner kept it pristine) and now that it's almost paid off I'm looking to get into the fun stuff. I'm mostly here to find suggestions for performance upgrades and meet some fellow Forte lovers.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,152 Posts
Welcome to forteforums.com!

Did your Koup SX Luxury come with the Kia "wing" spoiler?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,152 Posts
No I have never seen this model with a spoiler other than people who went and bought after market ones. I think I have seen the 4 door model with them. Did yours have one?
My 2010 sedan SX had factory spoiler (I purchased and installed) and my Koup had an Aftermarket Spoiler. Kia didn't make a spoiler for either when I first bought them in 2009. In 2010 Kia provided spoilers for both - my daughters 2010 Koup Ex had the Kia wing spoiler (I purchased and installed too).

Factory style Koup spoiler: Kia Forte Koup Spoiler - Free Shipping | Kia Stuff
Just using the site for their picture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2010 sedan SX had factory spoiler (I purchased and installed) and my Koup had an Aftermarket Spoiler. Kia didn't make a spoiler for either when I first bought them in 2009. In 2010 Kia provided spoilers for both - my daughters 2010 Koup Ex had the Kia wing spoiler (I purchased and installed too).

Factory style Koup spoiler: Kia Forte Koup Spoiler - Free Shipping | Kia Stuff
Just using the site for their picture.
Oh ok that I didn't know it was something they did afterwards. For a wing I have always wanted either an evo/subaru style wing, or a nascar looking ducktail sort of thing to just exaggerate that nice lip at the back.

·
Administrator
587 Posts
Interesting fact, they had an "SX R" model in Canada:

Very rare. I've been trying to get my hands on the "sport muffler" for like 2 years.

There seems to be basically 2 spoilers for the Koup; the OEM one, and the "winged" one. I thought they were the same, cuz they look quite similar, but after checking thoroughly, they look different (the "wings" at the end are different). I went with the more "pronounced wings" one:

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Interesting fact, they had an "SX R" model in Canada:
I remember all the posts about the SX R back then. We all wanted to get the spoiler but it was expensive!

·
Administrator
587 Posts
I remember all the posts about the SX R back then. We all wanted to get the spoiler but it was expensive!
Yeah! I've read through some of those posts. It was quite popular on here back then. This has been my reference thread:

Really good info in there.

From what I read, the sport muffler is/was like $600 and I refuse to pay that (if it'd even still be available!).

The OEM spoiler goes for pretty darn cheap nowadays.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
SX-R Spoiler:

From one of the 2010 posts (spoiler only): "The actual price is $564.55 in Canadian dollars..."

I don't think it is available any more...did a search using the Canadian part number and came up with nothing.

Koup Spoilers on ebay:

Similar to "R" spoiler:
Fits: Kia Forte Koup-R 2010-2013 Flush Mount W/LED Rear Spoiler PAINT to MATCH | eBay

Tall wing spoiler:
Rear Trunk Lip Wing Spoiler SPEC-GTS Unpainted for 2009 2012 Kia Forte Koup | eBay

Honda civic type:
SPOILER FOR A KIA FORTE COUPE KOUP 2-POST 2010-2013 | eBay

Similar to factory type:
Primer ABS Rear Trunk Spoiler Wing For 10-13 Kia Forte Koup 2Dr Coupe 2 Post | eBay

Reactions: Acura_Kal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wish I knew bout the R package sooner. Is it still possible to get these parts? Im not sure I'm interested in the muffler I might go with a totally different exhaust. I have some digging to do now though for Canadian R parts haha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: I went to my Kia dealership and they found me a majority of the parts for an R package. Front lip, Side skirts, Wing, Exhaust and the inner door sills. I already changed the badges and put aftermarket rims on so I didn't ask about those. All of the parts are unpainted so all in all I'm looking at about $3500 (cad) in parts (taxes included) and then however much extra for paint and install. I figure $5000 should just about cover everything.

It was entertaining because none of the people at Kia even knew the package existed.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Update: I went to my Kia dealership and they found me a majority of the parts for an R package. Front lip, Side skirts, Wing, Exhaust and the inner door sills. I already changed the badges and put aftermarket rims on so I didn't ask about those. All of the parts are unpainted so all in all I'm looking at about $3500 (cad) in parts (taxes included) and then however much extra for paint and install. I figure $5000 should just about cover everything.

It was entertaining because none of the people at Kia even knew the package existed.
Post pictures when you get it done!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah! I've read through some of those posts. It was quite popular on here back then. This has been my reference thread:

Really good info in there.

From what I read, the sport muffler is/was like $600 and I refuse to pay that (if it'd even still be available!).

The OEM spoiler goes for pretty darn cheap nowadays.
$700ish yeah. is it just a muffler? I have somecorrosion in my flex pipe that needs dealth with and I found the R exhaust.My first thought was hey my $550 exhaust repair job just turned into $700 new exhaust. Not bad. If it is just a muffler than no way. Ill go buy the ark DTS cat-back for the 3 grand.

·
Administrator
587 Posts
$700ish yeah. is it just a muffler? I have somecorrosion in my flex pipe that needs dealth with and I found the R exhaust.My first thought was hey my $550 exhaust repair job just turned into $700 new exhaust. Not bad. If it is just a muffler than no way. Ill go buy the ark DTS cat-back for the 3 grand.
Yep it's just an axle back:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts