·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Well, the one I bought is far different from that one. But I also bought a 10-11 oem one. The only one they had on ebay at the time, this was before the clarification. I might mess with it using your template as a genera shape to the front of the car. worst thing that can happen is i wasted $25 bucks. You're right about the depth...not nearly as deep. Also it's about .75 to 1 inch taller than that one. I have some ideas about maybe putting some foam in the back to equal out the lack of depth. coat the foam with something so it doesn't get yucky with the elements...hopefully i can make something work :p
Good luck. Looking forward to seeing how it will turn out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
[COLOR=black said:
[/COLOR]
Part details:
R front skirt - 99997 761MF
R side skirt - 99997 761MS
R rear spoiler – 99997 761MW
R door sill plates – 99997 761MRDS
R badge - 99997 761MR

Contact information:
These parts are available for order at your local Canadian Kia dealerships.
Please refer to the Bulletin No. AY10 007

Contact information for painting:
Bestline Auto Body Ltd.
144 Freshway Dr. Unit #1
Vaughan Ontario L4K 1S5
Canada

Contact person: Vito Scavone (owner)

Tel: (905) 760-7444

Email: [email protected]

Love the rear spoiler... Can it be perchased seperately?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Love the rear spoiler... Can it be perchased seperately?
All the parts can be ordered separately, at least that's what I was told by the dealership i called.

Also, I think the oem license plate adapter i bought will work. I cut it up the best i could with the tools i had available to me. It's not a work of art by any means, but i did take it out and place it up against the bumper and when i get some edge guard and a little cushion in the back to make up for the depth difference, it should turn out pretty nice. I'll post pictures if everything works out.

btw...where can i get edge guard? :p

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I might be wrong but perhaps the edge guard Koup SXR used was something that would normally be used on the edge of the door to prevent dings? If that's the case, you can pick some up at any auto store.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
I might be wrong but perhaps the edge guard Koup SXR used was something that would normally be used on the edge of the door to prevent dings? If that's the case, you can pick some up at any auto store.
That is correct.:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
All the parts can be ordered separately, at least that's what I was told by the dealership i called.

Also, I think the oem license plate adapter i bought will work. I cut it up the best i could with the tools i had available to me. It's not a work of art by any means, but i did take it out and place it up against the bumper and when i get some edge guard and a little cushion in the back to make up for the depth difference, it should turn out pretty nice. I'll post pictures if everything works out.

btw...where can i get edge guard? :p
Thanks... going for NEFD ground effects front and side skirts with your spoiler. Fortunately I live in Florida and don't have to utilize a front plate frame. You've done a great job on yours. I'm also very picky and applaud your attention to detail.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Idk if its already been asked cause I was not about to look through 11 pages of comments lol. Did you get that front lip kit from the dealer?

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Idk if its already been asked cause I was not about to look through 11 pages of comments lol. Did you get that front lip kit from the dealer?
All R parts are available through a Canadian Dealership.

Here are the part numbers.

R front skirt - 99997 761MF
R side skirt - 99997 761MS
R rear spoiler – 99997 761MW
R door sill plates – 99997 761MRDS

R badge - 99997 761MR
R strut bar - 99997 921M02
R axle back exhaust - 99997 921M01
R Performance Air Filter (Drop-in type) – 99996 241M01
R 18'' Wheels & Yokohama Tires – 99997 581M4WTR

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
So you cannot get those parts in America?
That is correct. Kia did not come on board.
Kia Australia has on a few parts though.

This is for anyone located in the USA.

Please feel free to contact Kia Motors America's CustomerService hotline at 1-800-333-4542 and inform them that YOU are interested in the Kia Koup R Package that is currently only offered in Canada.

You need to voice your opinion to KMA so they understand that there is in fact interest/demand for these parts in your Country.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
So I called my local dealership and had them price out the R kit as per the part numbers above. For the body kit, they quoted me ~$350 for labour (not including paint). Here's what I got:

Code:
    Part#		Name			Price
99997 761MF	Body Kit - R front skirt	 $473.83
99997 761MS	Body Kit - R side skirt		 $473.83
99997 761MW	Body Kit - R rear spoiler	 $450.45
99997 761MRDS	Body Kit - R door sill plates	  $94.85
99997 761MR	Body Kit - R badge		  $30.23
				Total:		$1523.19

For the rest, they quoted as follows:

Code:
	Part#			Name		Price		Labour
99997 921M02	R strut bar			$171.39		 $69.30
99997 921M01	R axle back exhaust		$574.65		 $69.30
99996 241M01	R Air Filter (Drop-in type)	 $51.47		 $49.50
					Total: 	$797.51		$188.10
All prices are in Canadian Dollars (CAD). Your mileage may vary. Put all these figures together, and it comes up to just over CAD$2,800. With paint, it will probably end up over $3K.

For the tires (R 18'' Wheels & Yokohama Tires – 99997 581M4WTR), here is what I got:

I am waiting on Kia Canada for more information on the wheel and tire package as there is no stock for this and no information on it. I don’t know where you found this part number but if you could provide me with how you found it I might be able to give you more information.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Got the wheels priced now at $2565.12.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
What dealership did you get the quote from?
Kitchener KIA, Kitchener Ontario Canada. I'm assuming that price is wheels and rubber, balanced, mounted and installed.

·
Registered
425 Posts
where is kitchener? i asked my local parts guys and they said that they couldn't get anything ordered

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Post updated to include province and country :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
KoupRider

Hey KoupRider what do you think is a fair price to have the front and side skirts painted?

I checked with Trentko Kia and was told it would be an additional $600 just to paint those few pieces. Seems too much in my opinion. Thinking maybe just ordering the parts and having them painted somewhere here at home.

Todd

·
Registered
511 Posts
Be sure to try for a discount, especially if you are ordering more than one item.

It was a couple of years ago but the list prices were the same then; I paid $424 for the rear spoiler and $431 for the exhaust. That was 25% off list.

281 - 300 of 323 Posts