Kia Forte Forum banner
301 - 320 of 323 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I'm hoping Koup SXR will drop in and sound off on the part number for those wheels; turns out the price they gave me was just prelim.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
I'm hoping Koup SXR will drop in and sound off on the part number for those wheels; turns out the price they gave me was just prelim.
The part number posted was issued to me during the release of the program. They may have discontinued the wheel so if you can find a set, then take it.
The $2,500 price must be the complete package that includes the Yokohama tires.
Another option would be to just obtain the wheels and choose a less expensive tire.

I know Rob at Scarboro Kia offers a range of wheel/tire packages to suit your budget.
Another member went to AIM (Automotive Import Market) in Markham, Ontario and Steve got him set-up with a package he was happy with too.
Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
Confirmed...Wheels are still available.

Here is a page from the Kia 2012 Summer catalogue.

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am that member! :)

Steve at AIM hooked me up with some Enkei's. He could have also got the Fast Europas (SX-R wheels) in for me, but I wanted something slightly different. I could have sworn he quoted me for the Fast's and Enkei's and they were very close in price. I remember them being considerably cheaper than the Dealer was asking.

The part number posted was issued to me during the release of the program. They may have discontinued the wheel so if you can find a set, then take it.
The $2,500 price must be the complete package that includes the Yokohama tires.
Another option would be to just obtain the wheels and choose a less expensive tire.

I know Rob at Scarboro Kia offers a range of wheel/tire packages to suit your budget.
Another member went to AIM (Automotive Import Market) in Markham, Ontario and Steve got him set-up with a package he was happy with too.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
585 Posts
June 23, 2010

Europa R Wheels by FAST Wheels

I know that I’m a bit behind here so I’ll catch up by posting the addition of the wheel/tire package that I installed at the end of June.
I’m a fan of mesh style wheels. FAST Wheels took their Europa aftermarket wheel, removed the additional universal 5 lug holes and revised the center hub diameter to fit the Kia Forte’s.
I fell in love with these the moment Kia and I were reviewing wheels for the red SX-R auto show car.
Why you ask?
The wheel design is very sexy and still looks classy. It also allowed me to further customize them. I decided to add some oldschool flair to this new Koup by painting the centers BBS gold yet keeping the polished lips untouched. He also recommended that I paint the inside barrel as well for that complete factory appearance. The inside and out where then clearcoated.

Even though the wheel is 18” in diameter, the wheel design doesn’t make the rotors appear too small for its large diameter wheel size. That was a very beneficial from my point of view.

So here are the pictures...

Just in...

Here they are in the paint booth getting it’s last coat of clear.

mounted and balanced.

...and now on the Koup.

Part details:
18'' R Wheels & Yokohama Tires - 99997581M4WTR

Contact information:
These parts are available for order at your local Canadian Kia Dealerships.
Please refer to the Bulletin No. AY10 007

Contact information for wheel refinishing:
Wheel Tek
3790 Hwy 7 (at Weston Rd.)
Vaughan, Ontario L4L 1A6
Canada

Contact person: Steve Rotenberg (owner)

Tel: (416) 576-1326

Email: [email protected]

I'm planning to get 18x8 Privat Akzents with a 46mm offset and 225 tires. With your setup, would you run into any trouble if you decide to go lower in the front?

·
Registered
310 Posts
omg thats hot

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I'm planning to get 18x8 Privat Akzents with a 46mm offset and 225 tires. With your setup, would you run into any trouble if you decide to go lower in the front?
ckkbleev, many members including myself have used similar sizes with lowering springs without any issues. You should be good.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Durham Kia in Oshawa just told me today that the R-type air filter has been discontinued. :(

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
Durham Kia in Oshawa just told me today that the R-type air filter has been discontinued. :(
I received confirmation today that this filter is offically NLA from Kia Canada.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Just thought i would post quickly here , i have the R package also myself , althought i went a different route for suspension and wheels , but it is nice to enjoy that very few people have the r package , in Ottawa i know of one other . Glad to know the maker is here .

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
In theory, yes. AEM made the R filter and I believe the only real difference was the color of the filter (R was whte/grey? The standard AEM is red). I have the regular AEM dry flow and it works great.

The AEM dry flow does the job. I'm almost at 120K kms without any issues.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
Just thought i would post quickly here , i have the R package also myself , althought i went a different route for suspension and wheels , but it is nice to enjoy that very few people have the r package , in Ottawa i know of one other . Glad to know the maker is here .
Glad to see you're enjoying the package and thank you for your support!
It's amazing how many people still drive up to check out the car...believe it or not, I'm still asked "Is that a Kia?"
Too funny!

BTW...Congratulations on winning COTM. Well deserved.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
Just an FYI... I'm planning to sell the LED tail lamps. They are authentic from Kia Canada.
I'll have to take some photos of them. They're in their original packaging and sitting in my basement for almost 2 yrs. now. Time to let them go. I prefer local pickup than shipping them though. I had them on for less than 1 year. I can't bear to see them going through a second winter season so I took them off. These belong on a summer driven Koup.

In my opinion, they are the coolest tail lights...and they came directly from Kia too!
I found the post on page 15 when they were installed.
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/koup-body-kits-appearance/1220-koup-sxr-build-thread-15.htm

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I have been looking for a set , but cash flow has been holding me off , i would like the lights , send me a message with what your looking to get out of them. My car has only one more winter before its a summer car only , so season won't be a issue .

·
Registered
5 Posts

Nice expensive project. Good job.

I upgraded my 2010 Kia Forte Koup with a few perks:
R-package spoiler
Billet fuel door (nice addition). Had it colour painted to my cars paint code. (see picture)
AEM performance air filter
R-package exhaust

Pictures of the car to come.

(billet fuel door available here, but you can check the web for more)
Billet fuel door 2010-2013 Kia Forte Koup

·
Super Moderator
507 Posts
Man.... I've been looking for the R muffler for a good 3 years. Thought I found it once on Kijiji (and for only $100!) and it turns out it was the stock muffler in the performance R box. facepalm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man.... I've been looking for the R muffler for a good 3 years. Thought I found it once on Kijiji (and for only $100!) and it turns out it was the stock muffler in the performance R box. facepalm
It's readily available here in Canada with any Kia dealer. Ask your dealer (if you are in the states) if they can order it from Kia Canada.

My local Kia dealership tells me they only sold two R-mufflers since 2013 and they never had an R-Package vehicle on their lot.

·
Super Moderator
507 Posts
It's readily available here in Canada with any Kia dealer. Ask your dealer (if you are in the states) if they can order it from Kia Canada.

My local Kia dealership tells me they only sold two R-mufflers since 2013 and they never had an R-Package vehicle on their lot.
Ah yeah, I tried that once at my local dealer (St-Jerome) and they were just plain confused and said they didn't have a listing. :D But I think the price is around $600-700 -- much more than I'm willing to spend.

301 - 320 of 323 Posts