Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here wants a Koup but is not patient enough to wait for 2011 models?

My dealer has located a 2010 Corsa Blue SX for me but would I be crazy to get it instead of wating for the 2011 model?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
If I was you and did not have a reason to need the car right away, I would try to hold out for the next year with hopes of some upgrades...
but then again if the 2011 cars come out with no big upgrades/or anything you can't live without! you might find a 2010 real cheap!

·
Registered
644 Posts
If I had another car to drive around until the 2011's came out I wouldn't be purchasing a 2010 koup this week, but that's just me. But if you do buy a 2010 koup soon, be sure to throw around the fact that new 2011's are coming out and you don't want to be paying top dollar for last years cars. :] Good luck!

·
Registered
641 Posts
+1 Even if you don't get a 2011, at this point wait for 2011s to come out so you are in a nice position to negotiate on the "old" model.

Though if your dealer is having to locate one for you, you'd probably have better luck with that story if you traveled to that dealer yourself...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've asked the dealer I'm working with if they have changed much in the 2011 Koup and he said they are basically the same, but getting 2 new colors. I think he said both were shades of green if I remember correctly. According to him, that's about all that's changing.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Dealers aren't exactly experts on anything but making money. ;)

From autotrader:

Quote:
Despite the new body style and front fascia – and the Forte's fresh design – changes to the 2011 Forte didn't stop there, with Kia also announcing a shakeup of the Forte's transmissions. Gone are the standard 5-speed manual and available 4- and 5-speed automatic transmissions of the 2010 Forte, replaced with a standard 6-speed manual and available 6-speed automatic. By adding gears, the new transmissions will increase fuel economy and acceleration.
Other changes to the Forte include newly available features, including push-button starting, a navigation system, and – for models equipped with the new automatic – paddle shifters mounted behind the steering wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts