Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
That is very nice, anything for the sedans...?
This Koup-R stuff has been posted many times this is another rehash of the Koup-R concept. Us Canucks can get the parts to make it happen. This koup-R kit is pretty much the only Official Kia Body kit.

The Sedan already has an Official Kia Body Kit. I say it's just as nice. The only thing missing from the Sedan's kit was the wheels. The sedan also has a spoiler.

The springs and Exhaust fit both cars. The tip on the exhaust is a bit out of place on the sedan and needs a bit of modding to get it to fit just right.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
These parts in these photos are not for sale yet....and the current R Package parts that are available in Canada do not make you car look like this one.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Isn't this the kit that was released at the Sema 2010 Show.. Isn't this going to be the official body kit for the US? just asking.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Is this considered a kit? It looks like it has wide body fenders and a front lip. But the back bumper looks stock with the exception of the air vent portion near the fenders.

You could never get side skirts to look like that. RR could make the front lip which is ok but nothing to write home about in my opinion.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree, it looks like front and rear fender changes may be part of the kit or package, anyways I really like the looks. It's like nothing I have seen before and for someone looking for something different this would be the kit.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
yes I agree with shattered stars
I'd also call it a wide body
I really like the vents in the rear bumper and love the front fenders!
This so far is the only kit I'd want for my koup of course they don't make it yet :(

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
So I'm confused about how you could add more than the lip to a Koup. I mean, the rear quarter panel isn't really interchangeable...right? You would need to change that to get the look of the skirts. Eh, whatever.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah the side skirts look like they were molded into the rear quarter panel. I really just want the back pieces and the front lip... I like this kit because... A- its not too bulky and raced out. B- simple lines that really make the car pop.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
So I'm confused about how you could add more than the lip to a Koup. I mean, the rear quarter panel isn't really interchangeable...right? You would need to change that to get the look of the skirts. Eh, whatever.
From what I know about these type of concept cars, all the body work is fabricated on top and blended into the rear quarter panels. The rear panels are not interchangable (from what I know). The fronts how ever would be possible. As for the rear bumper vents. I do not think we could just add them to our cars, as the would not line up with the rear stock fenders.

This kit is for show only, and is one-off wide body kit. I would love this kit as well, but I highly doubt we will ever see anything close in production.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well then some of these companies need to get off they're ass and start making them. I'm tired of waiting. I have no kids or wife to spend my money on. tick tock tick tock.... time's wasting. lets go

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
The SEMA show Koup Type-R vehicle was a 'show car'.
There was extensive body work done to widen the body so the wheel/tire package could fit.

The front skirt is very low so it wouldn't last on any approach angle test. The sides were also sculpted into the rockers and there were some rear bumper faux vents added.
It does look more aggressive with the wider body profile and fat rubber with some nice exhaust work. There’s big money in the body work, brakes, and wheels.
It appears whoever upholstered this show car used the same overall leather from the SX seating and switched some inserts to continue the theme inside the car.

All of the parts you see were intended for show purposes except for the Kia accessory rear spoiler which we developed for Kia/Mobis over a year ago. That spoiler (Kia part number: 1M034-ADU01) is available to order through any US/Canada dealership.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not tooo many people like going through a dealer just to buy a spoiler. dealer cost alone is enough to make me look else where.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.