Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
funny review taken off of a honda fan site
Kia Forte Koup SX VS. Honda Civic Coupe Si: Is the Korean a Better Buy? - Honda Reports
(gotta read the added remarks) lol

the last poster brian 6/17 reminded me of the people in our forum....
(and no, i am not the 'joe' in the post above brians)

i've been tossing personalized lic tag ideas around at work...
sigh. i think the ladies i work with think i am going thru a midlife crisis or something
they love the car
but they think
'my sxy' is wrong.......lol
'sxisfun' wrong
i mean, if that guy can sing about bringing sexy back.....
why can't i advertise it on my car? :)
thought about 'fast sx' also........lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I owned a 2004 honda civic a few years ago.. got it used off the honda lot.. had 40,000 miles on it still had a big 20,000 miles left on the warrenty, honestly I bought the car after test driving it thinking huh is this what all the hype about honda is??!?!?

then drove the car for a month after first month had big issues.. ie pull up to stop lights and all the gauges inside the car would stop working, the car kept running but no lights?!? have to restart the car to get them to work.
it would blow cold air when the heater was on.. I mean like Ice cold!!

and as far as the joy of driving the civic vs my koup.. koup gets a ten out of ten
and the honda gets a 4 out of ten.
the honda was boring to drive, slow and the inside was not all that great to me.. the carpet was better then are koup but carpet really ?? wow I'm much happier with the nice seats in my koup vs the honda too to me the inside of the honda civic was basic not very stylish and bland , over all I think honda's suck and I'd never buy another one but thats just my ten cents.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I like how under the review it says, "We are committed to offering honest, unbiased reviews." Haha, really?

This guy is an idiot. I prefer the better price, warranty and styling to the outdated Honda Civic. I guess I'll just put up with everybody mocking me for buying a Koup. Oh wait, I've only had compliments and long stares everyday since I bought it. Do Honda Civics get that? No.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i gotta be honest-
only problem i am finding comfortwise in my car now
is where the door handle is..im 6'2 w/34 inch inseam-
after after my 1st long sunday drive- my left knee (outer part) was sore from sitting on the handle...while i am glad that kia didnt make it out of soft plastic like my 95 grand was...(after 15 years of fla summers- the soft plastic got all sorts of distorted)
i just wish they placed that piece about an in or two further aft......

·
Registered
436 Posts
I was willing to settle for some small quality shortcomings (if there really are any) in order to have a car I could enjoy looking at daily. The Civic's nose and profile pale in comparison to the Koup's - the Kia is just a better looking car overall. I like the fact that it slots right between the Civic EX and Si performance-wise, and it's a fantastic value. I get compliments on the car all the time, and everyone's shocked to find out it's a Kia.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a civic now. Compared to the Forte it sits a generation behind in features. Of course the MY 11 civic may change that....

Everyone and your sisters best friend have a civic. Basic A to B appliance that doesn't look like a Corolla.

·
Registered
202 Posts
LOL WHAT A BUNCH OF HEATERS LOL DON'T WORRY EVERYONE THEIR JUST BITER BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW THE FORTE CAN ACTUELLY BEAT THEM ANYTINE, i REACED SO MANY CIVIC AND i BEATEN SO MANY OF THEM THAT CIVICS MAKE ME LAUGHT NOW LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
LOL WHAT A BUNCH OF HEATERS LOL DON'T WORRY EVERYONE THEIR JUST BITER BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW THE FORTE CAN ACTUELLY BEAT THEM ANYTINE, i REACED SO MANY CIVIC AND i BEATEN SO MANY OF THEM THAT CIVICS MAKE ME LAUGHT NOW LOL

For god's sake, learn to SPELL !

And take your keyboard off of CAPS LOCK !....it is considered shouting.

Try Firefox as your web browser instead of Internet Explorer; it has a built in "spell checker"

The word is
Haters , not heaters !
Bitter, not biter !
Actually, not actuelly
Anytime, not anytine
Raced, not reaced
Laugh, not laught

Is the school system THAT BAD where you live?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL @ the custom license plate suggestions. Your female coworkes may get you for sexual harassment haha.
after getting the windows tinted 5% side/back/windshield strip,
lic plate w/smoked covering (and looking at smoked tail/head lights and flat black painting the wheel inserts)
i might be going with "STLTH SX" or "SX-71"
:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey i have the sx forte sedan and a buddy of my just bought the 2011 civic si sedan both cars look very clean and nice he did pay about 4k more then i did yes the si is a bit faster then the forte but hey couple of mods like an intake and an exhaust system im gettin and i should be right there with him but both cars are nice although i would never own a civic

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a sx auto and have a friend with a si and it's hangs in there but I lose him when my car changes gears, from a 40 mph roll I stay right with him, and I do have intake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts