Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So around 550 am I was driving to work on the 105 east bound. Here in California it was raining my koup found the only puddle in that freewY and i lost control hit the wall twice with the front end hit the back bumper once. The cat actually held up really good. Now I miss my koup and it's only been gone for 12 hours. Got a dodge challenger as a rental but to tell you guys the true I want my koup. :(

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^^
Ouch! even with out pictures I can see this looking bad...
Sorry to hear this happened, Hope they fix back up better then new soon

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Ok Now I've seen the pictures.. and I was right looks bad But :) atleast its very fixable..
just front& rear bumper.. OOh and maybe front bumper brakets.. since I think those are plastic..
grill...
Thats good news really.. I was first thinking it was going to be worse

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Radiator gone gene pushed in pics make it look nice fenders pushed into the doors and trunk stuck can't open at all

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
Ooh thats bad news.. I forgot about the Radiator :( and the trunk/fender issues
dam that means its going take a little longer to fix.. Sorry man that sucks

On a bright note how is the challenger? I mean I know its not your koup but yeah.. kind of a fun car?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fun car everyone turns there heads to look but I liked the look they gave me when they saw my koup and had the confused look on there face lol. But yea the challenger it's nice but it's a six cylinder and there is not power but besides that nice car. Next week thinking of going to change the challenger and getting the CTS V Cadillac they have there

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It helped get my traction back after I finished hitting the wall. But it usually helps to keep the car going in the right direction. But the worse part I am usually doing 85 or 90 mph on that freeway today I was doing 50 because of the rain.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ahhhhhh.... dude that sucks,:( you think it will be repaired in time for the meet

·
Registered
344 Posts
Should they change the tires? I mean, honestly, no reason to lose control. Defective tires could do it though...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I have hankook tires usually have very good grip on the road but it was just all the water on the freeway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did this in my older s10 xtreme..i was in the slow lane doing 55 and the truck hydro planed..did a 180 and slid across the passing lane and into the wall..deff a scary thing and sucks really bad..sorry about your car man but at least your alright

1 - 19 of 19 Posts