Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new 2011 Forte Koup but was looking at alot of aftermarket parts and seems like the Sedan's get a bit more selection? Just wondering whats the different dimensions for both? Like considering the hood, bumpers, side skirts, rear bumper/rear diffuser. How compatible are Koup parts to Sedan and other way around?

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
The aftermarket grilles will work for a Koup or Sedan. I have yet to see a Koup with a Sedan bumper or aftermarket Sedan bumper and vice versa. One of the members Crock89, who owns a sedan, has a Koup front bumper.

All of the lighting is the same. Headlights can be swapped.

Aftermarket performance all comes down to if you have a 2.0L or 2.4L

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
also- dont quote me on this-but i think i read somewhere that for every 12 sedans sold- 1 koup is sold- so the market place has a heck of alot more sedans rolling around- so makes sense that the aftermarketeers will be aiming for the sedans....

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya because the sedans are like 13k and koups 17+ :p

i havent seen 1 sedan sx in san antonio but ive seen a few dozen sedans(ex,lx).
in time there will be more stuff for our koups :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Rear bumper interchangeable? you sure? I always thought they weren't since the tail lights were different sizes and the actual Rear bumper was different. I agree with you about the front bumper (i think Crock had it). and hood is probably the same.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I always thought it was because there was also the cerato which is the same as the sedan. I got a sx sedan, I like it causs it draws way less attention than my buddies koup but has the same umpff :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
rear is diff. but can be changed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.