Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I was cruising around and heard a Subaru pulling up behind me. And I kinda wanted to see what the Koup is capable of compared to a 300hp turbo STi. I pulled off and started giving it hell, of course he was behind me so I had a little head start. It took him about a good 5-6 seconds to actually catch up but shit my koup was keeping up until his turbo was throwing him right past me. But hey I'm very impressed with how my little old 2.4l koup did against a STi ;) The driver actually was serious and didn't know what the hell was happening. From the looks of it he looked a bit puzzled wondering why my car didn't get torn apart :D

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I smoked a turboed 07 Sti before, his BOV was ridiculously loud. But by smoked, i mean i played dirty, there was light traffic and i beat him to the first car and locked him behind me. there was no space to over take, hence why i "smoked him" other wise, i would've been way behind.

He was pretty pissed at the end

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I smoked a turboed 07 Sti before, his BOV was ridiculously loud. But by smoked, i mean i played dirty, there was light traffic and i beat him to the first car and locked him behind me. there was no space to over take, hence why i "smoked him" other wise, i would've been way behind.

He was pretty pissed at the end
Haha yeah I mean I was infront of him then the road turned into 2 lanes, the koup gets through the gears very quickly and can take off pretty fast. Of course an STi will beat a koup, but its an amazing sound when we were side by side, I actually enjoyed the race. HA

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was taking a curve with a 2008 evo behind me and he was about 4 car lengths behind me and he couldn't even gain an inch on me,my koup is dropped and with the original tires on,when he passed me he looked at me all spooked lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I wonder what the Turbo Koup would have faired against the Sti ?
A turbo kit on a Koup would smoke an STi (Stock). The STi is a 2.5 turbo pushing about 300HP. The koup with a 170 HP engine, added with a turbo and some bolt ons would put it over the top.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now THAT would be a driver's face I'd like to see.. An STI getting its @$$ handed to it by a ...KIA?? Lol..
Yeah it felt real good when I raced the STi, because it was my dream car I wanted forever. But my Koup now has my heart!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Not to be an asshole, but where's the timeslips?
I have time slips from running a 10.5 in the 1/8 repeatedly, and you normally add about 4 seconds to your 1/8 time to come up with a 1/4 time estimate. I added 5 just to be pessimistic. you want 1/8 mile time slips?
we should run high 14s with sticky tires, exhaust, and intake for sure.

2,213 Posts
I don't want to burst any bubbles, but if the guy in the sti was having trouble keeping up with you, all it means is he has no clue how to drive! I've raced in my friends 09 stock sti and i beat V8 mustangs and camaros in that thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the power of my sx, but it's not really a race if you're 5 car lengths ahead of him. Next time, slow down, let him catch up, then start from from a rolling go. Then compare the power. Or just throw in the stage 2 turbo and take him from the line. I'm gonna put a bumper sticker on the back of my car that says "if you can read this, you're driving a ricer" lol

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
A turbo kit on a Koup would smoke an STi (Stock). The STi is a 2.5 turbo pushing about 300HP. The koup with a 170 HP engine, added with a turbo and some bolt ons would put it over the top.
Not likely.

STI = awd, traction.

Koup = FWD, no traction (especially w/ 300hp), no proper LSD.

We'd still get owned.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have been lucky enough to had own both of those cars and the evo walks an sti in many situations. My old evo was fast enough to take on v8 mustangs and old camaros of the line and 30mph rolls and it wastes fuel like no tomorrow.As far as a koup with a good turbo and engine mods would kill an evo and sti from a roll .Now this would have to be a mild modded evo and sti. If it was a high hp evo or sti the koup wont have a chance.

<------owner of a kia forte 5

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.