Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there everyone!! just wanted to show everyone the progress on my lip project because its done!ish:p im having som issues with finding the right screws to secure it 100% but thats a small issue.

First what i did was i bought a Honda Civic Coupe 06-08 JS-Style Front Lip from Nextmod..

then all i did was some minor body work, filled in the lower grill licence plate holder, made a custom licence plate bracket and then painted it all to match the black accents on the car and presto!!! custom 1 of a kind front lip for the koup!

hope u like it!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
Lip looks good! (I still want to see those wheels in person, haha. Just haven't had the time lately!)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Not bad Franco...great job.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys! i was considering lowering it, but with the lip my car is already low enough.. i just finished the project today and im already rubbing on my driveway!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
if youre scraping that lip on your driveway, then you cant drive. thats that.

just saying, your car is nowhere neat low, not even with that lip. not even in your dreams haha.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Maybe it looks better in person than those photos but not my cup of tea. Great job on making it work and props for taking the risk on something that's not meant for our vehicles.

On the topic of lip kits, slamming, and scraping I would love to eventually get some coilovers and the SXR kit but I would hate having to drive so careful over driveways, speed bumps, etc. How difficult is it to remove the SXR lip (I would use it for shows and meets) and does it damage the bumper underneath at all? I guess that's really a question for Koup SXR...

·
Registered
585 Posts
lol. it wouldnt get smashed if he knows how to drive. anyone with a brain can drive a slammed car and not hurt anything. i did in my jetta, never did i break anything.

plus being slammed is cooooooolll!!!!
So in other words, if you have a brain and you know how to drive nothing should get smashed? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhtttttt

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
How difficult is it to remove the SXR lip (I would use it for shows and meets) and does it damage the bumper underneath at all? I guess that's really a question for Koup SXR...
as far as i know it only hooks up with 3M tape. if you want it to be removable, try to go to a decent body shop (one that does custom work), and have them install neodium magnets in the lip, and behind your bumper.... then you'll have it removable, while still looking stock.

·
Registered
519 Posts
does will any civic lip kit fit the forte? Since our market kinda sucks it would be nice to know how other parts fit.

Also the lip looks alright looks kinda big. Im thinking about getting the sequence lip that is made for the forte...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if youre scraping that lip on your driveway, then you cant drive. thats that.

just saying, your car is nowhere neat low, not even with that lip. not even in your dreams haha.
yes thats right, since u know exactly what kind of drive way i have.. i have underground parking so my driveway is long and steep. think before u speak.. thats that.

anyways on another note, your right subtle my shitty cell pics dont do it justice, hopefully some other pics will surface with a better cam:)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts