Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hi my name is Jake, I currently serve in the military in South Korea the home of Kia, and I must say I am impressed with the craftsmanship of Koreans. These cars are awesome to drive. Especially when in Korea there are pretty much no traffic laws, or officers to enforce those that are there. Only cameras. :(

Within a week I will be back home purchasing a new 2011 Koup SX. I was searching around the web for potential mods and came across this forum and figured I would need help at some point, so why not ask the masses.

Now I just can't wait to get home!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome...i wish over here was just cameras....cuz there are ways to get around it hahaha
not here they are like every 50 meters and there are about 10 of em per poll.....but...... in govt. vehicles......:D

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Where in Texas are you from?

The great thing about living in the middle-of-nowhere-Texas city of Lubbock is that I don't have to go far to find some nice open farm roads that never get visited by the popo. :D

·
Registered
825 Posts
You come to the right place. The site is amazing and you'll find and answer to just about everything FORTE on the site. Welcome

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ AutoItKing...I am from Tyler...live in Bullard....currently though I am in South Korea....I am so ready to be home!

@mog...thanks so far I have gotten a lot of help...glad I found this site!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Welcome Jake. Thanks for serving man. Bet you'll be glad to be back home. As for mods, glad this forum has helped you as much as it has me. Seeing as you're in Korea though, you can probably see and find more mods for our cars than we have over here. How about bringing some over with you? ;) If you have the money, maybe even bring extras that you can sell. Just a thought. Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha If they would actually let me have a car here that would be awesome....Everything here is cheap! And if I could bring parts over I totally would...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I finally got my koup, blue and it is epic sauce!! In 3 weeks I put 3k miles on it lol... And it performs better than I expected it too! Sad part is that I cant drive it for another 6 months.... But oh well... My only complaint is the wide turn radius... But I guess that is to be expected with a wide stance car...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
W00t! Another texas memberrrr, :O lets meet up? LOL... welcomeee, congrats on your choice, you will pleasantly surprised by how much kia has changed! :) its a fun lil car, but I warn you... once the mod bug bites you... there is NO GOING BACK~

Have fun! I hope to see ya around!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. As miashottangel said, thank you for your service!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.