·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

COrsa bLUE SX

·
Registered
36 Posts
What's with the emblem? Embarrassed it's a KIA? Just curious, as from a distance, it looks like a Lexus "L" emblem... Or a less than (<) symbol...

I have a Black SX, so I know it's a sweet looking ride...

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Target.... Not directed at you personally but you're now the second person that questioned someone if they replaced their badges because they were embarrassed that it was a Kia. Can't speak for everyone but I'm pretty sure if people were embarrassed to drive a kia the would not have bought one. They would have spent the money on another brand even if it meant buying used. I know I wouldnt spend close to $20k if I was embarrassed.

Now with that being said. I will be debadging and replacing mine soon and It's just a matter of choice. In my opinion The K "L" badge is far more appealing to the eye than the original badges (which in my opinion are just boring). Anyway again... To each there own.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've got the "K" badges too and like them a lot better than boring Kia badges.

Nice pics! :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Where can I find these badges online to order for the cheapest price?

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I think the "K" emblems look a lot better than the boring old KIA emblems. Since Kia is aiming to change their overall impression on consumers, maybe they'll decide to revamp their symbol too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
if none of you have read other threads about the K badges, watch out. mine only lasted about 4 months before they started to become dull and show a pitting look on the chrome. and for the record i keep my ride clean all the time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking the same thing about KIA revamping their design on their logo also...but like other auto makers they usually keep their original logo so that their name is out their since they been in business ex. HONDA hasn't changed their H since the 60's and FORD has had theirs for how long now? So i think KIA logo is here to stay, but the K emblem is a nice small touch of design to our Fortes....The K is not ricey a type R logo or anyhing just a simple nicely designed K....plus I love that our cars are so new and with these emblems no one knows what kind of car it is....people look all the time scratching their head. As far as the quality hopefully they dont become dull, but if so ill just take it off and put new ones on.....I might even say something to the seller that they are poorly made and demand replacements but so far so good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
And some like to change to better "find" themselves:

1975 - 1991

1991 - 1992

1992 - 1997

1997 - Present

Who knows, maybe the designers at Kia will be paying attention?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
if none of you have read other threads about the K badges, watch out. mine only lasted about 4 months before they started to become dull and show a pitting look on the chrome. and for the record i keep my ride clean all the time.
Hey Bradleytri - I read your other posts, however i am hoping its your weather or other conditions. I plan on installing them and hoping for the best. If they pit, I will search for another option or maybe even try to figure out an option. maybe taking them to a paint shop and having the clear coated or something..

Thanks for the warning on this though.. appreciate

crossing my fingers

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

And some like to change to better "find" themselves:

1975 - 1991

1991 - 1992

1992 - 1997

1997 - Present

Who knows, maybe the designers at Kia will be paying attention?

WOW! I DIDNT KNOW MAZDA CHANGED THEIR LOGO THAT MANY TIMES LOL....

·
Registered
306 Posts
I feel like kia should take the K emblem and put it on their better more sporty cars, sucha s the forte, and optima, possibly soul. Just like the Genesis has a different emblem on the rear...

·
Registered
211 Posts
the kia emblems suck ass. i just debaged my shit and imma gonna keep it that way i need a new grill hell i need a new whole front clip and new paint kia definitely cheaped out on a lot of this car but imo its worth what it is priced at

1 - 15 of 15 Posts