Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i legally plasti dip my tail lights in Arizona? I want to black them out and this seems like a good option just not sure of legality.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Might as well just use VHT nightshades and black them out that way. Plastidip would be difficult to spray just right. Think most states have it so tail lights must be visible from 300+ feet away. That's the main thing, if it's visible at those distances you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont want permanent yet

·
Registered
589 Posts
From what I know, it really doesn't matter what the local laws are. What does matter is the mood of the trooper is in when he pulls you over.

"step out of your VE-HEH-CLE..."

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i work on an air force base and have to be extra carefull the security forces guys tend to not be so nice all the time

·
Registered
642 Posts
i think plastidip is a bad idea. in order to peel it off without too much difficulty you have to spray it thick so i cant imagine light passing good enough. even if it does pass through well enough, would it "bake" on to your lights? vinyl is sexy and cheap and easily removable.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true i have seen videos it goes on think and still see through it when lights are on

·
Registered
236 Posts
Get vinyl
It is not permanent
Its cheap

·
Registered
593 Posts
The states where I have looked it up usually state that tail lights need to be visible from 1000 feet away. As mentioned, this does not mean you won't be pulled over and given warnings if police don't like it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts