Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

i noticed this past weekend that my car leaks something that looks like water after i shut off the car...

the area is behind the engine...i see the leak from looking at the side of the tires, like underneath the windshield

i didn't turn on the AC, anyone know if this is normal?

the car has about 1400 miles now...but i noticed the leak when it was about 1300 miles

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Check your radiator fluid level daily, see if it goes down. If it does, your radiator or one of the the hoses is leaking.

Does the liquid have any kind of smell to it? How viscous is it?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
touch the fluid and see what it is. you'd be impressed on how easy it is to determine the problem if you touch the fluid.

green vs brown vs clear
thick vs thin
lube vs solvent?

·
Registered
34 Posts
A buddy of mine told me that all cars ( in the USA at least ), are required by federal law to have the A/C compressor running when the defrost is on. It could still just be condensation if you had the defrost on. I know sometimes i use it when i dont want air blowing in my face.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Yes. I was about to ask if you had your A/C or defrost running.
Not sure if it's the law, because you don't HAVE to have A/C, in which case you would have no compressor to run when on defrost.
But if you DO have A/C, then yes, it will work as a dehumidifier when your defrost as on.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i didn't turn on the AC

i did however use the defrost on one time, but when i realized it i turned it off? Fan speed 0
but the knob was still pointed at the windshield
and it was still leaking

so i turn the knob back to regular (pointed at the face)
and then there were no leaks

so would the defroster still be running even if the "fan speed" is at 0, but the knob was pointed at the windshield icon(defroster)?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no i never worked under a car...cuz this is my first car..i thought you knew that..i believe i mentioned it a while back

bitter? like bitter melon? lol

·
Registered
695 Posts
taste bitter and depending on how old it is, you may say it taste like dirt. Once you taste it you are better aware of where the oil is comming from the next time you are underneath the car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds delicious...

KIA, you just reminded me of the movie "Year One" where jack black was tasting bear shit LOL

·
Registered
732 Posts
If your fan speed is zero.. But your temp is at cold. It will still chill the air regardless and blow a little when you are driving.. At least mine does.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Grave, yeah i do have my temp at cold even if my fan speed is zero...but i made sure the AC is not lit

·
Registered
732 Posts
It doesn't need to be lit.. It will still chill the air coming into the car lol trust me.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Drive on the highway and put your hand up the the vent. Make sure you have it set to the FACE setting.. It should still blow in cold air.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts