Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I've recently got a Forte EX and I was wondering if they sold leather steering wheel covers at the Kia dealerships? If they do, how much does it usually cost w/ or w/o installation costs?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI: In the past I bought a leather steering wheel cover from:

Wheelskins - The World's Finest Genuine Leather Motoring Accessories, Steering Wheel Covers, Driving Gloves and Shift Boots

the fit and finish is excellent - highly recommended.

oh cool... how was the grip?

because the reason why I want a leather cover is because I'm not really happy with the grip on the steering wheel of my forte... don't get me wrong, it's not bad... but it's not quite what I'd like... well after driving a Nissan Altima with leather steering for a year... you know... ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
The fit, finish and grip is top notch. The secret is to do a quality installation:
1. position the leather skin your steering wheel properly
2. Pull that string through the holes real tight so that you get a second 'skin' fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a Dark Cherry EX with a sunroof and factory spoiler. Anyway I just put in a new wheelskin and wanted to let you guys know that I got it from DC CarCare, Quality Automotive Accessories/Products. Not only are the guys prices great, the owner of the company seems to really care about his customers. So give them a look if you're interested. Oh and ill post some pics of my wheel cover soon, so you can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a Dark Cherry EX with a sunroof and factory spoiler. Anyway I just put in a new wheelskin and wanted to let you guys know that I got it from DC CarCare, Quality Automotive Accessories/Products. Not only are the guys prices great, the owner of the company seems to really care about his customers. So give them a look if you're interested. Oh and ill post some pics of my wheel cover soon, so you can see what it looks like.
That's really good to know someone has tried the wheelskins on their forte! And some pics of your wheel cover would definitely be nice! I'm order mine, but if I could have a look at how it looks inside a forte before I order, you know, would be extra nice... ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man here's the pics I said I'd put up for you. As you can see, it fits perfectly except it was a little bit of a pain the ass to stitch the bottom of the steering wheel because its a little thicker there.:mad: But I am definitely happy with it anyway, its very soft leather and feels great on the ol paws.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I can vouch for the quality of Wheelskins. The only issue is they can tend to look a little loose if you don't stitch it super tight. I did a little trick on the one I installed in my old Elantra GT hatch. I wrapped the wheel in some thin sheets of foam, then stitched on the Wheelskins. It looked and felt great.

Land vehicle Steering part Vehicle Car Steering wheel

As far as the actually leather wheel... I'm sure you could get it but the cost would be a whole lot more than a Wheelskins. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.