Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I exchange my front turn signal bulb with a LED bulb and it flashes fast like for advise that the bulb is dead.....why?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
You need to get an electronic flasher module designed to work with LEDs

·
Registered
585 Posts
The LED bulb that you put in was not designed for the on/off turn signal setup [while it works somewhat] its not really compatible. In addition LED bulbs are not always ideal for safety reason. Good old regular bulbs tend to spread the light around more, while an LED is rather focused. However, before everybody rips me about how all the new cars use LED's- if you notice they use a lot of LED's to achieve the same effect of a single regular bulb.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
go buy a tridon ep34. it fits I have one myself.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
644 Posts
ok..and how connect it?

and where buy it?
They should have it at an auto parts store. It is an electronic flasher module. You take out the stock flasher module, and replace it with the new Tridon EP34 module.

The module is under the dash below the steering wheel.

One of these videos in this thread posted by BigE has the flasher module removal in it. I'm just not sure which one. http://www.forteforums.com/forums/body-kits-appearance/1320-led-tail-signal-light-info.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.