Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it's true or an "old wives' tale" that if you put a white LED bulb in a red tail light it doesn't work well?
I remember reading that you should only use a red LED in a red housing...any truth to this?

·
Site Sponsor
1,347 Posts
From what I've heard, it's not a rule. It's just a recommendation for getting the best light output from the bulbs.
Exactly, you could use a different color it just might look a bit distorted and not as bright showing through the red

·
Registered
58 Posts
I actually have done a little experiment with my motorcycle tail light. I wanted the brightest tail light possible. I did buy a white LED and a red LED. The red LED was a bit brighter than the white. They both sat behind a red lens. The LEDs were exactly the same just a color difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone know if it's true or an "old wives' tale" that if you put a white LED bulb in a red tail light it doesn't work well?
I remember reading that you should only use a red LED in a red housing...any truth to this?
As of my experience with my old car i tried 6000k led and it looked pink then i switched to 4300k led as well but was kinda orangy red
Then finally i got pair of red bulbs with no issue at all which i strongly recommend to get red not any other color for some reason led cannot mimick the halogen color which leads to strange color out but

1 - 7 of 7 Posts