Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New poster here from St. Petersburg, FL. I am thinking about swapping out my dim halogen headlight bulbs for LEDs. I'm assuming many of you have done this already, and am wondering...do I need an LED conversion kit?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,347 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
why do you recommend running these with the dust covers off if you're running them for low beams?

just curious as i literally bought a 2010 kia forte last week and about to change my lights for led's

·
Super Moderator
457 Posts
why do you recommend running these with the dust covers off if you're running them for low beams?

just curious as i literally bought a 2010 kia forte last week and about to change my lights for led's

If you leave the dust cover off, you will collect a lot of... dust inside the headlight. Hence, don't, just don't drive without them installed.

As much as I am "more light - better headlights" fan, I must say - stay away from LED. In any form and case. They are still not there despite claims of 9600 lm per bulb.
You can have any number of lumen in the light source, but if the light is not distributed correctly, you will not see anything. Just some bright glare.

The headlight multimirror is responsible for the light distribution.
Do LED for interior, some accent lights, but no headlights. If you really must, do HID.

But to make it right - do the full retrofit. Get a projector, modify the headlight - and by doing that you will have a choice of HID or LED designed projector.
Believe me - it is huge difference then.

EDIT.
Look into these two posts.
You will get the idea.
https://www.forteforums.com/forums/kia-forte-lighting/104392-looking-led-low-beams-2019-forte-ex.html#post1008510
https://www.forteforums.com/forums/kia-forte-lighting/103846-2018-led-headlights.html#post1007822

And see my retro in Elantra. This is what I am talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, the description for the headlights says it'll only fit the 2011+ models.

I have a 2010 Kia Forte Koup EX & i was wondering if i have the slightest chance of fitting that on my car? Also, this is my first reply in this forum since i am brand new! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts