Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd share some pics of my latest mod.. 120cm LED strips (white) on the bottom of both doors. They only activate when the door is open. They look awesome at night.. the pics don't really do it justice.

Let me know what you think:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Can you take a pic from the underside of the door looking at the bottom of the door. How much room does this require and what LEDs did you use? I have considered this as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here ya go... it looks a lot cleaner in person. The pic makes it seem like they're not evenly spaced out, but they are. They were just cheap ones from ebay. There's lots of room for them.

The nice thing about the Koup's doors is that they fit so snug, that you don't see any light in the cabin, or from the outside when the opposite door is open.

This pic is during the day, so you see they're pretty bright.

I'll try and take a pic with the lights off to show you what the strip looks like on it's own.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Could you possible post a link for these from ebay? and is RED available????? are these just 3m applied?

·
Registered
825 Posts
FOX. . .it looks as if you can just use any LED Strand you find on Ebay or Amazon. Unless you are wanting the exact ones Linear used.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Might as well use something someone has already used before..makes asking questons or comparisions easier. Don't you think? Plus he will have dealt with the seller already....

·
Registered
248 Posts
you considering doing a DIY post for this? this is a cool mod.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just checked and apparently the seller doesn't have any others for sale at the moment.. which is too bad because they're pretty good quality (I've bought a few now, and some were horrible, pieces of garbage which were barely flexible and snapped when they got cold). And they were cheap! $4.59/each with free shipping.

Anyway, maybe they'll have more in the future. Here's the link to the one I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140477675694&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I'll do up a full DIY as it's a little confusing as to which wires to tap.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well fingers crossed the seller will put up a few more soon...I know Walmart sells a 12" and a 24" LED strip that I have used before...they just don't have the 48". Pronlem getting them from Wally World is they are expensive.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just for the records, these are puddles:

I'm being picky. :D

I think it's a nice mod because you can't see it when the door is shut and it's only on when you open the door, so you know you don't step in mud or something.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'll do up a full DIY as it's a little confusing as to which wires to tap.................

please do!!
i saw this done on the singapore site- but no one did a write up- (cuz all the guys showing it off- were sellers/installers- lol)

i like this soooo much better than the 'puddle' light that mounts inside the outside rearview mirrors

you know- just to add to it all- you could run a red strip up the vertical part of the door- to make a super big 'watch out-my door is open and dont run into it' light (instead of that tiny reflector at the bottom corner of the door like we have now)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts