Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, before I get yelled at, I know there are other threads and instructions on how to take out the mirror cover to replace the bulb or put in LEDs, but there are no specific instructions on how to put the LEDs in. To be specific, I am not placing an LED bulb in, I am replacing the whole turn signal with the LED switchback signal. I got it from E-Bay. The one that stays on white with the lights on and then turns amber with the turn signal. The strip has three different wires coming from it. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks.

2,213 Posts
Why are you putting switchbacks on the mirrors? They only go on when you put the turn signal on. Or did you change the wiring cause that would be hell-a-cool if you did!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Keep us updated on how the install goes.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yeah I've had my eye on those for a while... I just didn't know where to go for the source for the white light like sje0123 said. But grats on being the first one to actually fire the gun and get them! Def keep us posted on how the install goes! Sorry I couldn't be of much help!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That's easy enough. Either run to fuse box or take a long run to the trunk and tap into tail lights. it's make more sense to hit the fuse box though. Hardest part would be fishing the door and across from the door to body if you want to hide the wire in the "loom" the existing wires are in. If not just zip tie it in close and you're good.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sje0123, yeah I got those. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll let you all know how it worked out. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.