1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought them and returned them. These require you to take out your own lens and break the seal and the reseal it which I want about to do.

They sell the lens with the LEDs in them already for around $80/$90 which is the route I plan on going. Didn't feel like cracking open the lens etc

so maybe the first link is the way to go. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Hey Beast, on the second link dalaseju posted, I imagine the white light stays on the whole time when you have the parking lights on except when using the blinker correct?

And what do you mean you have to break the seal? I've taken out the lens before to tint them and I dont really remember anything being sealed.

EDIT: Oh you're right. I remember the seal now. Anyone have a suggestion on what I would use to seal it back up? I really want these.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Funny thing is on the kia canada site it states for the 2010 SX that it comes with LED side mirrors. well I have an SX and no surprise.... They lied.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Hey Beast, on the second link dalaseju posted, I imagine the white light stays on the whole time when you have the parking lights on except when using the blinker correct?

And what do you mean you have to break the seal? I've taken out the lens before to tint them and I dont really remember anything being sealed.

EDIT: Oh you're right. I remember the seal now. Anyone have a suggestion on what I would use to seal it back up? I really want these.
Save yourself some hassle and get these.. This is the route I'm going

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310257383783&viewitem=

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Sorry I'm drugged up from a surgery yesterday, I don't understand anything right now. What does it mean "does not include lamp"? It says with case so when they say lamp they must mean side mirror?

Anyway, thanks for the link, definitely gonna get these when I get the chance. Let me know how they work out for you. It's gonna look pretty sick with a two way switch back on the mirrors and on the headlights along with the Audi mod.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Sorry I'm drugged up from a surgery yesterday, I don't understand anything right now. What does it mean "does not include lamp"? It says with case so when they say lamp they must mean side mirror?

Anyway, thanks for the link, definitely gonna get these when I get the chance. Let me know how they work out for you. It's gonna look pretty sick with a two way switch back on the mirrors and on the headlights along with the Audi mod.
I think it's just bad engrish! :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I too, have seen these repeaters, just haven't gotten around to looking into them yet.

@the67beast: Have you finished your project yet, that I helped you out with. Trying not to say to much. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I too, have seen these repeaters, just haven't gotten around to looking into them yet.

@the67beast: Have you finished your project yet, that I helped you out with. Trying not to say to much. LOL
Nope. I'm going a different route which is in the beginning of this thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts