Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, maybe I should've posted it here. I finally got my LED switchback sidemarkers installed, and had gotten foglights, cupholder LEDs, and dual exhaust installed, but hadn't put pictures. :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
what kit or parts did you use or get for the dual exhaust

·
Registered
234 Posts
Okay, maybe I should've posted it here. I finally got my LED switchback sidemarkers installed, and had gotten foglights, cupholder LEDs, and dual exhaust installed, but hadn't put pictures. :)
Really nice looks very good , one question do those side marker led stay on the whole time ? , and if they do , do you ever get stopped or question by the police ?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. :) The exhaust was custom with two Magnaflows on each side. Fitting them in (well left side really) was quite a task for the guy, but it sounds awesome. I dare say I like them better then others I've heard on here. Not just because they're on mine either....just like how low and deep the sound stayed. Has some droning from the inside though. I can get past that though. ;) The sidemarkers stay on white with the parking lights, but blink amber with the turn signal. They're switchbacks basically.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Do your side markers flash just amber or do they flash Amber-White-Amber-repeat? Looking good though...now you just need your spoiler and sides.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Aura, yeah, he put the right one in first, so when he got to the left he had to do what he could to make it fit, so it hangs a little lower than the right. It's an oval muffler so even the muffler itself is put on at sort of an angle. It's not that noticeable to some, but I know it's there. Will sell the Magnaflows and get round mufflers so it can be redone, when I have the money. Love the sound though. :( Fox, most definitely. That and some rims. :) Oh and the sidemarker just blinks amber.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Post a vid if you can might be a nice touch not to copy your style or anything...LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey im not sure what they are called..
but the lights in your cup holder and console.. i got those and i havent set them up.. any tips for setting that up?

·
Registered
88 Posts
which model magnaflows did you use? i have a #12865 and have always thought about putting another one on the left...how do you like it?

2,213 Posts
Looks awesome!!! Finally people are getting creative!! You have any pics of the pipes underneath? Are they equal? Just want to see how you layed the pipe.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I really like the exhaust man. It look great! I would love to go dual. Nice touch with the cup holder leds. They look great too!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
DePR, looks amazing man! Love the dual exhaust and all the lighting! Now just need those rims ;)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Forteheat, it actually took me a little while to do the cupholder LED's, especially since I'm new to doing things like that. I have an automatic, so if you have a manual, I'm not sure how you might connect them. I spliced into two of the wires that light up the "gears" letters. It's the closest wires that the cupholder LED wires would reach.
BlackMagic, the guy got me two 11225 mufflers. They have a bit of a drone, but from outside they sound awesome. I love how they sound, so I'm debating on keeping them and just having someone redo all of the pipes so that both sides hang even, or getting smaller (round) mufflers and still redo the piping. He put in 2 1/4" pipes, but I'm thinking of maybe going 2 1/2" and doing it from the cat on back. Mine is only axle back (I forgot to specify). You won't regret putting another on the left side. The car looks even better with duals. Probably should have come that way from factory.
KIA, thanks. The left one was put in at a more of an angle, since he started from the right to left, instead of left to right, which gave him even less play room on the left.
Thanks Deuce, I'd definitely recommend doing it. It looks and sounds great.
Shaks, I'm looking forward to it man. Had thought about getting some aftermarket 18's, but someone suggested just keeping it as stock as possible, and aftermarkets affecting or ruining the stock suspension (at least after a while).
Oh, also finally got my LED taillights. They're beautiful and I love 'em. :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello again everyone. Finally made some videos. Unfortunately they're not the best quality, but it's something.... ;) Just made them real quick so bear with me. In the first one, from the inside, you can probably hear the intake more than the exhaust. The second is just a quick drive-by and the last is just of the sidemarkers. I had to turn them up quite a bit to really hear the car so you might want to as well. Oh, and believe me, the videos don't do the exhausts justice, but at least it shows that they're pretty quiet. :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Very nice man!!! I like the growl of the exhaust!! Sidemarkers r rly cool too! Like it a lot!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts