Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have ordered replacements for every light source on the outside of the car. So far, I have replaced the Front Running Lights with switchbacks, the highbeams and fog lights with great satisfaction.

Of course, I've not found a good non-HID replacement for the lows.
The reverse and turn lights have both been to big to go in the hole. I couldn't sand them down, as they were tower lights.
I replaced the break and tail lights with 1157 LEDs, non tower, with 18 front at 6 rear firing LEDs. I was VERY disappointed with the brightness, to the point I didn't feel safe driving with them, and took them back to factory bulbs.

Basically disappointed in some way or another with all the lights in the rear.
Can anyone post a "success" story with these bulbs, list what type (pic/link) and a picture of the resulting light output?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to be able to return the car back to 100% stock if a warranty issue comes up.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I want to be able to return the car back to 100% stock if a warranty issue comes up.
you can perfectly do that. All you have to do is:

A) Buy 2 new dustcaps from any KIA or Hyundai Dealership

or

B) Spend more time installing them and install them without drilling. (just look up removing amp connecters)

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That aside, my biggest frustration is with all of the rear lights.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I ordered all my lights from v-leds, they are also tower lights. When I get a chance I will try to up load pics. Keep in mind I have also tinted my tailights.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered all my lights from v-leds, they are also tower lights. When I get a chance I will try to up load pics. Keep in mind I have also tinted my tailights.
Just give me your impression over stock. So far the one only lights I have been happy with, have been the switchbacks.
The H1 6K headlamps I ordered, don't look near as white as the switchbacks, and the tail/brake lights were so dim I took them out as I didn't feel like anyone would see them.

The reverse and turn lamps, were just 1-2mm shy of fitting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey all,
i have a kia cerato 1.6l that i've been wanting to add on stuff to it, yet back here in lebanon its not that easy, everything has to be ordered of ebay. i just read that one of you tinted his back lights.. how is that possible? and from where can i have it done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts