Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 months of waiting, I finally received my LED Taillights from shark-racing the other day and just installed them. The install was super easy, really just plug and play as they said it would be. Great quality and constriction. even has "forte koup" in really coll lettering within the LED panels on each light as well as "custom LED - Shark Racing" within the LED panels as well. The only thing I have to say badly about this item, is that it literally took over two months for me to get them. Other than that, they seem to be a great product and very well made. Take a look and let me know what you think, Thanks KOUP NATION!!!! :cool:

P.S.-I am almost done with the PDF instructions I am putting together for the custom GPS I have installed in the top of my dash. Sorry it's taking so long, have limited time as I am getting ready to move very soon, but I promise I will have a full step-by-step guide with pictures as how I did it, up on our site as soon as possible. -Thanks :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Question how come the inside light on the trunk lid aren't lighting up when you step on the brake as the photo on their website shows...

Nice lights by the way, am considering them as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, funny you should ask. I can not figure out how to make them do that. They came with 2 extra wires in a separate envelope that I assume are supposed to be used to do just that. I just have no idea how to do it or which wire goes where. When I have some time I plan to figure it out, just wanted to get them posted up for you guys as I have been promising for so long now

Ya, they are really awesome and a lot better made than I thought they would be. If its in your budget I definatly recommend these lights!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you know how I would connect the two additional wires to make them light up and work correctly, and wouldn't mind explaining to me, it would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
@DepotDave: you beat me to it by 2 mins. LOL

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Looks really good. But 2 month's for the shipping WOW:eek:

·
Registered
533 Posts
C'mon bro u know who to ask first... lol.. your local lighting guru... get it in front of me and I'll figure it out loll.... call me..

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
You said the install was super easy? I thought you would have to bake the taillights, pry them open, and install the LED's. How much was this and what was the install like?

·
Registered
202 Posts
man it looks awesome, I like it like that with out the trunk lights on, it looks even more agressive then how it looks allredy nice two thumps way up!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You said the install was super easy? I thought you would have to bake the taillights, pry them open, and install the LED's. How much was this and what was the install like?
The install was super easy, plug and play. I bought them already retrofitted by shark racing. The cost was 460 shipped, but only order them if you can wait over 2 months cause that's how long they took 4 me to get them. As I said, it was a super easy plug and play install, and the quality is great, well -built and even has "Forte KOUP" lettering on the led light panels.

OrangeCrush........I know, I know, sometimes I like to believe I know what I am doing and try to figure it out myself..................but.............I give up, hope your free this weekend, ill hit u up!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
If you know how I would connect the two additional wires to make them light up and work correctly, and wouldn't mind explaining to me, it would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks
Do the wires have metal contacts on one end?

If so, the are designed to fit into the trunk light sockets so you can power the trunk brake lights. The Forte (sedan & Koup) use an 1157, dual filament bulb for the trunk(inner) light but only use 1 half of the bulb. The socket is set up to have 2 contacts so you just need to make one and connect it to the fender(outer) brake light.

I have done this mod myself by making my own contacts and running wires to the other brake lights.

Here is the original mod submitted by ForteSX2.4...
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/forte-koup-general-discussion/49-brake-light-mod-koup.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is there any chance you could do a video and post it? I love LED tail lights but I would rather see how they look and work in action. Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts