Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, anyone has or planning to have these:

Turn signal LED

I have just bought 2 LED lights (waiting for them to arrive) to replace the DRL stock bulbs on my Koup and was thinking to change the Fog lights as well and put LED in them.

But meanwhile I came across the above and wanted to know if these would fit on the Koup. Also anyone knows whether it could make the turn signal flash quicker (which seems to be a downside for some cars when fitting different lights). Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
White turn signals won't keep you legal, you'll need yellow or switchbacks.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Also, LEDs won't work very well as fog lights, unless you are only planning on using them as DRL.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, LEDs won't work very well as fog lights, unless you are only planning on using them as DRL.
Thanks, I did not think of that. So I may as well go with 5000k bulbs then instead of LED's for the fog lights.

I'll check the flasher modules and see whether I can get them around there...

Thanks a lot guys :)

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Just about any auto store will have them.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
^^^ Sounds like an advert, not a helpful post.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PS: HID Fogs will blind the shit out of other drivers. :(. Just a heads-up
noodile I was thinking of 5000K Xenon White Bulbs not HID's. I have not started doing any mod with regards to lighting/electrical stuffs as i'm a total dummy in those stuffs... but planning to start with some bulb swap first.

I wish I could do the projector retrofit but I neither have the skills yet nor can I get my hand on the parts needed for this mod.. It's not that easy when you live on a remote island...:(

^^^ Sounds like an advert, not a helpful post.
arinesmith, not sure I get you on this... :confused: if you were targeting my initial post then I think you may be a bit too susceptible

I'm already spending lots of time at my dealer these days to try to fix my pulling the left issue and they are doing this under warranty. Its the 4th time that I have left my car there... I don't want to run the risk of blowing my warranty away by doing any electrical mods on the car... this would freak me out. Unlike you guys in NA, I have 5 years/50K Km warranty only... Its been a year now since I have my Koup and already hitting 23k km on the odo... I hope this helps clearing out any doubts... :cool:

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Inspirone,

I m gonna have a DIY for the projector retrofit. if it looks easy enough, talk to matt at TRS and he'll ship it to you. (to anywhere in the world). he's pretty amazing with customers. *PM if you need to talk about it.

and arine wasn't targeting you, there was a post by a spammer. but its been taken care off.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Inspirone,

I m gonna have a DIY for the projector retrofit. if it looks easy enough, talk to matt at TRS and he'll ship it to you. (to anywhere in the world). he's pretty amazing with customers. *PM if you need to talk about it.

and arine wasn't targeting you, there was a post by a spammer. but its been taken care off.
Oki thanks will have a look at it when ready then decide on it...

Ahh... am being suceptible now.... :D

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
PPS; fog lights in general usually blind the shit out of other drivers. just flip them off when driving by at night and you're good to go
totally false unless

A. your fogs are aimed improperly
B. you have HIDs in a relector type lamp that is supposed to have halogens and the light is scattering

·
Registered
519 Posts
I bought the LED switchbacks from diode dynamics but dont buy the relay from them. In one of the other posts on these it tells you which one to buy i got mine at advance auto its hard to get the stock one out but just keep pulling on it.. it will eventually

·
Registered
47 Posts
totally false unless

A. your fogs are aimed improperly
B. you have HIDs in a relector type lamp that is supposed to have halogens and the light is scattering
or:
C. you're on the highway at night with no other lights but those bright bastards.

·
Registered
732 Posts
or:
C. you're on the highway at night with no other lights but those bright bastards.
Yeah you flash them to let them know their HBeams are on and then they turn on the HBeams and make your eyeballs explode.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
i have HID fogs and Heads, both with the original relfective back, and i always get flashed at night, people thinking i got my highs on but i dont.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts