Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased led bulbs for my 2010 forte Sx. Everything inside the car is led, the rear, parking, brake, and reverse lights are led. I got my turn signal bulbs yesterday but of course, they’re hyperflashing. The led turn signals in the back literally don’t even come on. And all of my wires, and all that are perfectly fine. Do I need to put in resistors (and where)? Or should I get a flasher module instead? But if I get a flasher module, won’t I have to end up buying the little cables that go to it?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
In-line resistors for the turn signal bulbs would be the easiest - Diode Dynamics is one source.

By in-line I mean in the wire to the bulb. The resister should be rated at what the particular light bulb you are replacing is rated at.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In-line resistors for the turn signal bulbs would be the easiest - Diode Dynamics is one source.

By in-line I mean in the wire to the bulb. The resister should be rated at what the particular light bulb you are replacing is rated at.
Thanks for the reply! All they have on there is a plug and play flasher module that is “a direct swap” to the one in there now. But idk how to go about installing it

·
Registered
2,229 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Inline resistor on each bulb. Or you could return the bulbs you got and buy the Lucas brand L2 version. These have the correct resistance built into the new bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts