Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello evwryone,
I am from Winnipeg, I have engine ticky issue with my 2010 Forte LX. I am gathering ppl who are interested to get solution from KIA at no cost. Please reply this thread. I am going to write this article in press. And also will share with international community not toinvest in KIA anymore otherwise you will lose your investment. Thank you!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hello evwryone,
I am from Winnipeg, I have engine ticky issue with my 2010 Forte LX. I am gathering ppl who are interested to get solution from KIA at no cost. Please reply this thread. I am going to write this article in press. And also will share with international community not toinvest in KIA anymore otherwise you will lose your investment. Thank you!
LOL Good luck with that

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ticking? What would be not normal ticking? My 2010 kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2 does have a ticking whenever the engine is on but I can't tell if it's just normal engine usage, normal wear & tear or the warning end of life engine ticking? Kind of difficult from listening to online videos of the dreaded engine failure ticking.

As for my 2010 Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT I'm the 4th owner. The previous owners didn't have it for long. No collision of any kind. Oil changes were done but don't know if OEM/factory oil filters were used. Since I've owned it that's all I've used. OEM/factory engine oil filters with Valvoline 5W30 full synthetic engine oil, Valvoline transmission gear full synthetic 75W90 oil, Valvoline Zerex engine coolant/Antifreeze. Valvoline high milage power steering fluid, Prestone dot 3 brake fluid. K&N engine air & cabin filters. NGK iridium spark plugs @88 thousand+ miles.

I do have the thought at the back of my mind. I try to avoid driving my Kia unless I absolutely have to. Due to the Coronavirus I haven't had to drive at all keeping the miles & engine transmission wear down to a minimum. I only turn on my car for about 5mins to move the fluids around. As for the engine oil, I thinks it's been almost a yr since the last change I did to it. The engine oil color is still light brown/amber & level has been at the full level.

I do love my Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT. I do hope it will last me into the 400,000 mile mark with the occasional maintenance. With my city being on shut down & job cuts & a curfew in effect till April 8 (might be longer cause of the damn Chinese Coronavirus bs)

Anyways hope I don't have the ticking grenade engine in mine. We can't afford the repair, used engine (with problems unknown) & or another car. If I used my Kia as a trade in I'd get nothing for it cause stealerships know about the Kia/Hyundai engine eff ups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts