Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post pics of your Forte's negative camber. I wanna see them TUCKED!

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do, as soon as the car is lowered. So in a week? Unless you wanna see the 240, which is sitten' 4x4 right now :(

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That actually looks good on the optima. Just a few degrees makes a world of a difference.

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2" drop with 2* negative front camber. I just need to figure-out how to do the rear camber. The pics don't do justice for the camber, but it's noticeable in person.

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Forte doesn't use a rear spindle, so I couldn't adjust the rear. Also, the camber helps the front wheels to "tuck" into the wheel well, as well as giving it a slight "track" stance. I'm just surprised you guys are against it, typically a lowered car is accompanied with some sort of negative camber.

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
What'd you use for the 2" drop?
Eibach lowering springs.

What are the benefits of this? I would imagine it'd eat through tires like crazy.
I my humble opinion, improves the "stance" of the car. Larger size rims seem to look better on a lowered car with some negative camber. It also allows them to tuck into the wheel well easier, instead on smacking into the fender.

A small amount of negative camber can improve grip in cornering. An excessive amount will make handling very poor. It looks stupid and wears your tires way too fast. It's just plain idiotic.
I having a hard time believing that 2* of camber is going to eat through your tires that fast. My brother is tracking the Forte, he'll "eat through tires" faster on the track vs daily driving ;)

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
^ Thats why you go with some negative camber, so you don't screw-up your suspension/wheels/fender. There is a point of being too low, but 2.5-3" drop should be fine for the Koupe.

I'd agree though, the photoshop looks good, but wouldn't be practicle. If you can't DD it, then it's not a car ;)

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
^ Your alignment is off.

Just to note, the point of the thread is to post pics of your Forte or other personal vehicles being lowered & negative camber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.