Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone investigated putting a brighter light in the cargo area? It's like a candle in a coal mine back there. I have to admit that I haven't looked into it at all yet, but I thought someone else may have already.

On another less important topic, does anyone else think the satellite radio sounds really lousy? To me, it sounds very compressed with hissy highs and a strange garbled sound. FM is no prize on the radio either, sounding pretty muffled. MP3's on my USB thumb drive sound fantastic, so I know the radio is capable.

I know when the Sirius free subscription is up, I won't be renewing.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have added led strip lights to my trunk area and glove box. I believe if you do a search you will find others have done this as well.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried the P. Bass and the radio does put out some impressive bass. Bass sounds fine from satellite, it more the treble being fuzzy and the midrange sounding like it comes through a tin can. I really can't stand listening to it. I listen to the muffled FM stations instead or the fantastic sounding MP3's from my thumb drive. Very strange radio.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Has anyone investigated putting a brighter light in the cargo area? It's like a candle in a coal mine back there. I have to admit that I haven't looked into it at all yet, but I thought someone else may have already.

On another less important topic, does anyone else think the satellite radio sounds really lousy? To me, it sounds very compressed with hissy highs and a strange garbled sound. FM is no prize on the radio either, sounding pretty muffled. MP3's on my USB thumb drive sound fantastic, so I know the radio is capable.

I know when the Sirius free subscription is up, I won't be renewing.
I found that certain radio stations on sirius sound like crap.. ie rock stations, clasic rock sounds awful.. but the dance techno stations sound better or as good as cd format,no problems.. why the diffrence between stations? I have no clue

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice looking LED's and I assume that the 5 door takes the same bulb as the sedans, I'll have to check. The other standard lights seem plenty bright to me, so I'll probably just do the cargo area light.

It does seem that some Sirius stations sound worse than others. Maybe they compress some more than others. The weather/traffic channels are really bad. I think I'm going to upgrade the speakers this summer, which may help.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good in the trunk of the sedan, but not sure how you would mount these in the 5 door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts