Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1)the led arrows behind the rearview mirrors- i know i've see links to the mod- but has anyone done it themselves yet?
Korean Auto Imports

2) the reflectors set in the bottom inside edge of the doors- the led light up mod........again-seen the links to ads for it....
SupeRich Motors | Car Accessories | SUV Accessories | Truck Accessories

3) the two reflectors on lower back bumper mouldings- havent even seen ads for that mod.......i think it would look cool at night to see those glowing on their own.

4)the light up door sill plate- seen several ads-saw a post or two where someone was asking about the wiring - but no one actually getting the mod done.
(page 10 i think- Radicar Garage - Singapore based Korean Car Accessories )

5)the rearview mirror outer covering replaced w/true led set up (w/the light that shines down on the ground from under the covering that lights the ground when doors are open)
(look on page 8 - Radicar Garage - Singapore based Korean Car Accessories )

6)brake light flashers- i've mentioned them here- but havent heard/seen anyone even thinking of doing them- found a site that has a 3rd light flasher- and they also have a flasher for the two main brake lights while leaving the 3rd light solid
The Home Of Flashing Brake Lights

7)replacement trunk lights- done w/leds strips.....

8)leds around the sun/moon roof-
while i dont want to do the full replace the entire sunroof like these guys did- but you get the picture -

all of these options are things i am looking at- lol- however- i havent played with any of my cars wiring since 1986 on my honda accord and i'd sure love to see someones end results

oh yeah- can't forget this one last light mod

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
So I am getting number 4 definately. My father is coming back on the 3rd of august with those light up scuff plates. I'm gonna bring it in to a friend of mine and see what he can get done.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I am getting number 4 definately. My father is coming back on the 3rd of august with those light up scuff plates. I'm gonna bring it in to a friend of mine and see what he can get done.

out of all of these folks- i knew i would hear from you :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
:p I dunno whether or not to be offended or thankful. Lol, but yeah I've wanted the scuff plates for a long time. It goes nice with the rest of my car. Especially because my car only has 2 doors... so the lighted up section is longerrr.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
easy answer-
thankful

after all- i was living on the rock(okinawa) back in 1984-86
way back before ricers were known stateside....lol
and like you said- 2 doors
ever since i started driving back in 1984 or so-
every car (except one) has been a 2 door car..honda civic, honda accord, 2 pont firebirds (86,68) pont grand am
and as far as my comparison to the okis?
those guys risked their entire car to mod it up cuz at that time-
any mods done to the car that wasnt a factory option was illegal and would result in impoundment and stripping of the parts..

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
:) Awe thankies. And I'm def a daredevil too. Lolz. I love 2 doors personally, its easier for me to deny ppl access to my car. LMAO!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) Awe thankies. And I'm def a daredevil too. Lolz. I love 2 doors personally, its easier for me to deny ppl access to my car. LMAO!
hahahahahahahahhaha
out of all of my 2 door cars- i can count the numbers of times i've had back seat passengers....
1)okinawa- loaded up the honda with girls going to the beach
(think we packed like 14 or so folks into the car- will have to dig out the pictures to see)
2)tampa- putting the lil girl i was taking care of in her car seat for some 6 years or so
3)the 86 firebird- and the drunk girl- luckily i had airplane air sick bags in the seatback pockets
4)the grand am- the one MF that lit a cig and gave my first and only cig burn in a seat.......

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i never thought of replacing the trunk lights with led. that's got me think. and if either of you figure out how to install the scuff plates please post how. i'm very interested in them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts