Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone knows if i can buy the light up speakers if my car does not have them? if yes how or where can i get them????:confused:

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I was bout to make a thread about this, anyone can get light up speakers, they just take more time. I already installed them on a friend's G6. here's the process.

Take off door panel
get an led strip and stick it on the inside of the speaker mesh/screen.
pass the wire correctly along the door joint to the cabin (preferably glove box).
re-install door panel
repeat to the other side.
hook everything up to a music interface box.
**** add footwell LEDs while you're at it (optional)
hide all the wiring
adjust sensitvity to taste.

if someone's interested, i'll get you pics of what it would look like.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
or just talk to a friend in the USA and have them order you the parts...right noodile....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well all the Canadian models do not have them..so what I was getting at was to have the parts shipped to Here from the USA for the factory lights...Just as people have asked us to ship the R package parts to them.... LOL....

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Well all the Canadian models do not have them..so what I was getting at was to have the parts shipped to Here from the USA for the factory lights...Just as people have asked us to ship the R package parts to them.... LOL....

hahaha, now i get you. but its simpler said than done. too many wirings and buttons for the lights

·
Registered
84 Posts
or just talk to a friend in the USA and have them order you the parts...right noodile....

You mean someone like me?? I will actually be coming up to Toronto in June (at least I have for the past 6 years) for a hockey tournament.

I'm really hoping to meet up with some Forum Folks while I'm there. I'd love to get a bunch to come to the rink we host the tournament at, that would be pretty effing sweet.

That being said, if i have the funds, I may see if i can order some SX-R parts and have them installed (or at least buy them) when I make the trip up. I'd be happy to bring up some US parts if anyone was seriously looking for them.........

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I want to change my lights to blue. can you show me how to do this noodile?
I wanted to do that before but i didn't think it was worth it. the only way it works is if you stop using your stock lights (keep them on off), then retrofit those led strips behind the speaker grille. and then wire them like my footwell leds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but couldn't you just replace the LEDs? I have about 200 blue LEDs that I'm going to use for this purpose.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I believe doing it custom how Noodile mentioned, or something similar anyway, is the only way to go. Unless of course my dealer is wrong and dumb (as we know sometimes they are) because they told me that the SX speakers cannot be installed in the EX. At least I'm sure it wouldn't be an easy process, if it was possible.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i think best way is to use music interface like noodile said. Thats what i used, less then $20 on ebay. Power it up and run all your leds to them. Takes some time but its overall a cheap mod and well worth it. Buying the led speakers like the sx come with will be very pricey, i would bet atleast a few hundred plus a big pain in the ass to install

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fuck canadian koup for real ! I was so mad when I didn't find the control for light speaker ! :mad: Canadian koup have a kind of penny-trap instead of the control

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was bout to make a thread about this, anyone can get light up speakers, they just take more time. I already installed them on a friend's G6. here's the process.

Take off door panel
get an led strip and stick it on the inside of the speaker mesh/screen.
pass the wire correctly along the door joint to the cabin (preferably glove box).
re-install door panel
repeat to the other side.
hook everything up to a music interface box.
**** add footwell LEDs while you're at it (optional)
hide all the wiring
adjust sensitvity to taste.

if someone's interested, i'll get you pics of what it would look like.

Can you please show us some pictures of the final result

·
Registered
236 Posts
bump....

curious about this

1 - 18 of 18 Posts