Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so im gonna ask this once. Ive been reading on this forum for forever now and just decided to make my account. I've read numerous articles on dome lights and map lights and all the interior lighting and etc. Whoever has dome lights or interior lights. Once in for all, what do you think the best light there is to use for you dome lights? A 31mm Festoon? If so, from which site or where? If anyone has any other blubs they use that think they match the 31mm Festoon, let me know. Ive been looking to get red dome bulbs for the last week or so now and no one has given me a solid answer on which they believe is the best light to get. Someone lemmie know right meow!!:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Okay, so im gonna ask this once. Ive been reading on this forum for forever now and just decided to make my account. I've read numerous articles on dome lights and map lights and all the interior lighting and etc. Whoever has dome lights or interior lights. Once in for all, what do you think the best light there is to use for you dome lights? A 31mm Festoon? If so, from which site or where? If anyone has any other blubs they use that think they match the 31mm Festoon, let me know. Ive been looking to get red dome bulbs for the last week or so now and no one has given me a solid answer on which they believe is the best light to get. Someone lemmie know right meow!!:D
All I can tell you is this... I ordered some blue festoon 3022's x 6 for the interior and trunk from ebay. I also ordered T10 bulbs for the license plate lights. I was happy with those but what I really wanted was green. I have now searched and found some green bulbs on SUPER BRIGHT LEDS - LED Lights & Accessories... I purchased 3022x9 green bulbs for the interior and trunk and 194/168 WLEDx6 bulbs for the license plate. I am currently waiting for them to come in the mail and I hope they fit ok... if not, I will make them bastards fit :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but the festoon 3022's x 6 worked perfectly for you interior and trunk correct? You had no problems with them besides you wanted green instead of blue right?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I second the Super Bright LED's site. I've ordered a lot of things from them, most recently being the festoon bulbs for my interior and trunk (they're the same size). I got the ultra white LED's and they are BRIGHT. They're customer service is top notch as well. In a past order one of the LED's I received was a dud. Gave them a call and a new one was sent out that day via priority shipping. Couldn't ask for more!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think blue dome lights would look stupid with the red dash and speakers?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
That's why I went with just super bright white LEDs for my dome and map lights. Not sure how anything would look with the red dash lights. I used 31mm festoon lights for mine that I bought off eBay and I'm thrilled with them. I also installed red led lights in the driver / passenger foot wells as well as the aux/USB area.

Ill look for the link from the LEDs I bought

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The red lights you installed under the driver/passanger footwells were LED strips? And what did you user for the aux/USB area?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks, but the festoon 3022's x 6 worked perfectly for you interior and trunk correct? You had no problems with them besides you wanted green instead of blue right?
That's exactly right... they worked and fit perfectly!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Do you think blue dome lights would look stupid with the red dash and speakers?
If I could get my camera to take quality pics at night with all this shizzle lit up you could see that it looks great! I just always wanted green cause green is my fav color. Now... with the red dash and green dome lights I will always be in the christmas spirit... haha :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha that does seem pretty sick, please try and post some pics! Esp what you did with your AUX/USB area, im curious how you made that work. Lemmie know! :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's why I went with just super bright white LEDs for my dome and map lights. Not sure how anything would look with the red dash lights. I used 31mm festoon lights for mine that I bought off eBay and I'm thrilled with them. I also installed red led lights in the driver / passenger foot wells as well as the aux/USB area.

Ill look for the link from the LEDs I bought
That seems real cool, I'd love to have green LED's by my feets! I'd be curious how you install the damn things though. If I have to mess with electrical wires I'm screwed :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
The red lights you installed under the driver/passanger footwells were LED strips? And what did you user for the aux/USB area?
Yes I used Led strips. In the footwells I used 12 light strips
in the aux/USB area I used a 6 light strip. I bought mine at advanced auto
and they were pricey but it served it's purpose. U can get the same ones on eBay for a few bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
U mean can u see the strips or the light coming from the strips? No can't see the strip and the light is nor that visable during the day unless you have something down there for the light to reflect off of etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Beast, Would you be so kind as to help me figure out my wiring for the footwell lights as well as the usb area. Where they are stuck to, how they are connected and connected to (power source) etc. I have done this on my old car but im very anal about haing hidden wires so id like help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beast, Would you be so kind as to help me figure out my wiring for the footwell lights as well as the usb area. Where they are stuck to, how they are connected and connected to (power source) etc. I have done this on my old car but im very anal about haing hidden wires so id like help.
I second this, I have been wanting to but some under-dash lights up, but I have seen some crappy jobs before. Yours look great and I would love some advice so I don't screw it up :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Another quick question... I'm about to order some lights for my interior, trunk, and license plate. I'm planning on buying 2 of the 3022s, 1 3610 for the trunk, and 1 WLED for the license plate... Any other lights that I might need?

1. On the 3022s, what brightness have you guys used... I was thinking either the 9 LED version or the 4 high power LED version, any recommendation?

2. On the WLED light I was thinking about going with the 360degree 9 LED high power light. Think that's bright enough?

3. Finally, as far as I can tell the interior and trunk lights have covers that just snap off. Any idea how to replace the license plate lights?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another quick question... I'm about to order some lights for my interior, trunk, and license plate. I'm planning on buying 2 of the 3022s, 1 3610 for the trunk, and 1 WLED for the license plate... Any other lights that I might need?

1. On the 3022s, what brightness have you guys used... I was thinking either the 9 LED version or the 4 high power LED version, any recommendation?

2. On the WLED light I was thinking about going with the 360degree 9 LED high power light. Think that's bright enough?

3. Finally, as far as I can tell the interior and trunk lights have covers that just snap off. Any idea how to replace the license plate lights?
Dont mean to sound retarded, but.....the 3022's are the part number? or the type of light on superbrightleds.com?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts