Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird issue with brake lights and parking lights. Had the car for months when I noticed the brake lights were on. Could not get them to turn off, then later that night, head lights and parking lights joined in on the fun. Could not get them to turn off. I turned the lights off...still on. Took out fuses...still on. Didn’t have tool with me to unplug the battery. Turned fuse panel off but nothing worked, battery died. Got a new battery and all was good again for about two weeks. This morning I get up and the brake lights and parking and dash lights are on again. I turn the lights off, turn off the fuse panel, lights still on. It’s not the brake switch. Checked all good. Started the car, brake lights and parking lights turned off. Let the car run for a bit to charge the battery. going to see how long it takes for the lights to come back on. Gear shift is good. Parking break, checked, brake switch good, light switch turned off. Fuse panel turned off and pulled fuses. Could this be happening when the battery drains? Why the brake lights, marker lights, and dash lights all at the same time? Why doesn’t turning the lights off, turn the lights off? After letting the car run a bit and checking everything, everything seems to be fine but after a bit they will come back on. Anyone else ever have this issue?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would say remove the fuse box maybe there is some kind of shortage in the back of it

You might also trace the light wire if its high hid and you installed it with battery direct wire i would check also the relay Which is connected to the lights

Also its good idea to check relay box and relays there high chance that the box have some short maybe corrosion or moisture casing some creepy behavior of lights

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, i will check relays and wires today. Just weird it’s three different light systems. Dash, front marker and brake lights. Last time the headlights turned by themselves too but that was hours after the brake lights came on. I will have the alternator tested at some point today as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts