Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys dont get mad im sure this has been brought up before but i cannot seem to find the information im looking for and the search never works for me...

any ways i want hids and im gunna get the DDM Tunning kit but they have 2 kits is there a difference between the 2 one is this
> HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning
other is this
> HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

Also i would like to get switchback turn signals but i cant find the size... or anyone that has them any where???!!!!!???

Thanks for all your help and again sorry for bringing up what im sure is a over asked question..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Idk about the HIDs but I have the switchback LED turn signals...there from diode dynamics! Check out their website for them

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
if you get the switchback from diodedynamics, there is only one size of switch back from diodedynamics and it is 1157. and on the hids the only difference in the 2 is the physical size of the ballast. the slim ballast is the smaller one, but more expensive. the apexcone one is larger, less expensive and looks more durable (not sure if it is cause i own the slim ballast)

·
Registered
432 Posts
The first kit has standard-size ballasts with the ignitor built-in, and the second kit has slim ballasts with external ignitor.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If i get the LED turn signal will i need the resistor kit or the flash module? and whats the difference?

·
Registered
695 Posts
You would need one or the other, load resistors will work but you would have to install them on each bulb on both sides, they heat up and can cause other problems. Personally I would get the flasher module, cheaper and easier to work with. Diode Dynamics sells it for 5 usd and I have used their products and they work.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
OP...a little off subject: try using the advanced search -- I find the "regular" search rarely works.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks... just ordered some hids from DDM

·
Registered
769 Posts
VERY good, IMO DDM is a bit better. it seems to be more simple to install and I paid $130ish for 2 kits and the harnesses for both

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i just ordered the kit.... i dont need the harness do I? Iv had hids on previous cars and found the harness makes things much more confusing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.