Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line Fire Orange
56 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. I'll see if I can answer your questions.

1. Yes, the car is an automatic. Unfortunately we don't get the manual version (at least not yet) here in Australia.
2. Yes, I definitely recommend the throttle controller. I like the idea of being able to control the sensitivity in accordance to my driving mood at the time. I'm not sure what brands are available there, but in Australia I've installed the SAAS brand, which is cheap but performs flawlessly. It does it's job, letting you adjust the throttle sensitivity level on the fly.
3. For the red accents, I purchased a gloss black vinyl strip in 12mm. It covers the red stripe going across the back nicely (there will be some small gaps but it's not noticeable). As for the front, I was too lazy to remove the grilled and paint it, so I cut up small sections of the same vinyl stripe, and sat there and covered each red bit one by one. Took me about 2 hours, which in retrospect would have probably taken less time if I removed the bumper to remove the grille.
4. For the are between the taillights, I got a professional vinyl wrapper to do that bit as I don't have the skill (well, at least making it look neat). He used 3M gloss black vinyl as well and did it in about 15 minutes.
5. Yes for the LED on the foglights. The GT's the foglights use HB4/9006.
6. Here is the link where I bought the rear visor on eBay:

Good luck! Feel free to ask anything else!
Like the rear window spoiler, it says 2019, but will it fit a 2021 gt line? If it will then I'm buying it. Lol thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Trunk lid? Sorry, my bad. I thought he was referring to the rear window visor/spoiler that sits at the top of the rear window.
Yes it was the rear window spoiler, top of the rear glass. Not the trunk lid. I already ordered it and I should have it by the 19th of may.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes it was the rear window spoiler, top of the rear glass. Not the trunk lid. I already ordered it and I should have it by the 19th of may.
Arith, I'm wanting a strut tower brace, can't seem to find the one I want. My car is a 2021 Forte GT-Line 2.0l. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Considering the eyelids are/were made in Russia I think there may be a problem getting them now...

I can no longer find them on ebay. There were two versions - one was thinner than the other.
Oh crap! Yep, not gonna get those anytime soon. Thanks for the info, have to go a different route..

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's always been the throttle controller for me. Not sure how much it is in North America, but you can get it for under $200 AUD here.
It won't add any power, but it changes the drivability of the car. Instead of stepping you're tapping on the pedal, making for a more fun drive. Changes the way the car drives, both for turbo and non-turbo.
It's not for everyone, mind you. Some people just advise to just step hard on the pedal or it just doesn't suit their driving style.
Thank you for the information, but I'm really sorry, I should've mentioned that I was asking about the Strut Brace, I apologize for not saying that. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you're chasing better handling then I recommend the sway bar. Take the corners better. Strut brace is good as well, in the overall upgrades of handling. But for me the most immediate impact and value for money has been the sway bar.
Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts