Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,847 Posts
Arith...your definition of "lightly modded" is different from my definition of "lightly modded"...:D

Nice job! (y)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,847 Posts
The Korean seller I bought from no longer ships to Australia due to covid, and the ones that are willing to ship to Australia will only do so with couriers. So it's getting quite expensive now. But you can get the spoiler here:

Arith, did your Forte come with a factory spoiler on it? If yes, was it held on by 5 studs/nuts and have square holes in the trunk lid?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Add hood struts which I bought from AliExpress. It was only a single side, but I guess that makes sense as the other side would clash with the existing prop stick. However it's more than adequate at lifting the hood and keeping it elevated.
Installation was a quick DIY in 15 minutes. Overall it's pretty good. Once you open the hood to a certain point the strut takes over and lifts it the rest of the way and keeps it open. No fuss. View attachment 81362
View attachment 81363
View attachment 81364
Looks like it uses existing hardware and holes...no drilling required. The top looks to use one of the hood insulator retainer holes - is that correct?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Arith, Can you see the spoiler in your rear-view mirror?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Reactions: Arith

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Lol. People hate my posts because it means there's something new they might like and have to buy.
(y) Yeah, THANKS a lot...LOL!

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Following in the footsteps of Wifeismad, I did a breather delete. Plugged up the inlet for the aFe intake and connected a hose and mini-filter to the breather valve. I connected it to one of the hoses of the oil catch can for a clean look. View attachment 81568
View attachment 81569
Will the breather become saturated with oil over time? Isn't that one of the hoses to put a oil catch can on?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Arith, Are Mad Max and Road Warrior your favorite movies? 😃

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
IDK...it looks good with either exhaust outlet!

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Must be warm for those two months. Here in the cold winter that two months turns our contents into a milky shake, cause water condensation.
Arith is enjoying Summertime weather...

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I highly recommend an oil catch can if you have the GT. I poured this out of my primary catch can after 2 months. Got yelled at by the wife because I destroyed a measuring cup. Lol.

And no, it's not soy sauce.

View attachment 82005

View attachment 82006
When you say Primary catch can you are talking about the PCV one, right?

How much oil is in the breather tube?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I'm curious if one is worse then the other.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
What do you think about the performance of your S model rental?

NA 2019 Fortes had an "S" model available - it resembles the GT-Line with the EX's silver wheels.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Ahh, for the GT it's a different story. I had a vinyl guy do the chrome surround. For the red inserts, I got a strip of vinyl, cut out small pieces, and proceeded to wrap each individual red accent. Pain in the ass. Took like 2 hours. Lol.
If you're keen on doing that, a few people have just painted the entire grill, which looks good. For me, it involves removing the front bumper which I was too lazy to do. But I'm sure that would have taken less time than to sit there for 2 hours. Lol.
However I was able to wrap a single column in gunmetal to give it a personal touch. View attachment 83033
That's dedication!

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Slapped on a universal spoiler that attaches via double sided tape. It seems sturdy enough. Just hope it doesn't fly off into the car behind me on the freeway.
To be honest, I think it sits a bit too high. But otherwise it does give the car a bit of sporty appeal.
You have definitely been bitten by the mod-bug!!!

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Good to hear!
I can't wait to see your next posts on what you've done to your GT! Time to catch up...LOL!

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Lol. Naw, that's probably it for me at this stage. I can't do anymore without ruining it's practicality as a daily driver.
Oooooooooookkkkkkkaaaaaaaayyyyy...I believe you...wink wink.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Lol. Our roads usually aren't that smooth.
LOL.

I get all my information about Australia from official documentaries.

Documentaries like "Mad Max", "Road Warrior", "Beyond Thunderdome", and "On The Beach"...:)

The clothing attire leaves much to be desired...and I guess they don't like to sit inside the cars...LOL!

JK!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts