Kia Forte Forum banner
181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Appreciate the response. The quads are nice but they're a bit underwhelmed now with the extended diffuser and the side pods. Which is why I wanted to try out the circular tips. They're starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Lol. Yeah, it's divided a lot of people.
Always will...we all don't see things the same. Probably some people that want 4 outlets per side...

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Did you do the noise insulation by yourself? If so was it long to do.
I did, but I didn't do a full blown job. Only just the areas I find to be the weakest links. Mainly the doors and the trunk. So I lined the entire trunk (floor, parcel shelf, sides, spare tire well), the bench of the rear seat, and the doors. Took me about 3-4 hours which I spread over 3 days.
The doors were the most pain in the ass because you have to remove the inner panels. Be sure to order some extra door clips from eBay because I broke about 1-3 door clips per door. Luckily I was prepared and had spares handy. Otherwise removing the rear seat and the liner of the trunk was relatively straight forward.
But it's done wonders to quiet the cabin. The doors block out the environmental noises while the trunk lessens the noise from the exhaust.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
@Arith do you know if those Xforce quad tips will fit on the stock exhaust pipe if the factory ovals are cut off? Thanks!
Not without modification unfortunately. The Xforce tips have a 2.5" inlet, while the stock pipes are 2.25". Plus the stock pipe is at an awkward angle and with the length of the Xforce tips would be an issue. On top of which the Xforce tips are quite expensive on their own.
If you want it done properly take it to an exhaust shop where they can cut the factory tip and weld new tips in a proper position. Alternatively you can pick up a set of quad tips from AliExpress and DIY. If you're planning on using the stock muffler, you'll want an inlet of 57mm and outlet tips of 76mm (per tip so about 150-160mm per side total)

This is one of the sets I bought for example:

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Not without modification unfortunately. The Xforce tips have a 2.5" inlet, while the stock pipes are 2.25". Plus the stock pipe is at an awkward angle and with the length of the Xforce tips would be an issue. On top of which the Xforce tips are quite expensive on their own.
If you want it done properly take it to an exhaust shop where they can cut the factory tip and weld new tips in a proper position. Alternatively you can pick up a set of quad tips from AliExpress and DIY. If you're planning on using the stock muffler, you'll want an inlet of 57mm and outlet tips of 76mm (per tip so about 150-160mm per side total)

This is one of the sets I bought for example:
(y)(y) Nice way of helping out fellow Forte Owners!

Reactions: BlueStang

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I try to inform people as much as I can. No where near ForteSX2.4 level but I try. ;)
I'm a legend in my own mind...:devilish:

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
8 Posts
So a couple of questions,
1. Do you have any detailed pictures of how you installed the catch cans?

2.where did you get the rear wing and is it only held on by adhesive?

3.What are the first mods you recommend? For reference I have a 2021 GT Automatic already have wheels and tires,Eibach springs in the way, and a HKS BoV.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 · (Edited)
So a couple of questions,
1. Do you have any detailed pictures of how you installed the catch cans?

2.where did you get the rear wing and is it only held on by adhesive?

3.What are the first mods you recommend? For reference I have a 2021 GT Automatic already have wheels and tires,Eibach springs in the way, and a HKS BoV.
1. I only have this one chart. Since you guys don't have the brake fluid reservoir you could go the other direction with the hoses.

2. The R style spoiler can be found here: 83.66US $ |Carbon Fiber R style Car Rear Trunk Spoiler Lip Wing Guard for Kia Cerato Forte Sport GT 2018 2019 2020 2021|Spoilers & Wings| - AliExpress
But yes, there's enough surface area for it to be held on just be double sided tape. I used x5 rows of 3M VHB acrylic tape (included with the spoiler) and it's held on for 8 months without any budge or movement. However some people have opted to screw into it via the hole leftover from the GT spoiler for more security.

3. Depends on what you're after. For appearance the lowering, wheels, and spoiler are a good start. For performance an intake, catback exhaust (Xforce), and perhaps even a piggyback like JB4 or Racechip. For fun factor a throttle controller and rear sway bar.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Same for North American Fortes:

Olszewski's catch can set up - same routing:

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
That guide was with my original setup. I since cleaned it up with proper brackets and hide the hoses under the engine cover.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
But it looks better in red...JK! LOL!

Car Hood Light Vehicle Motor vehicle

• Haha
Reactions: Arith

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
181 - 200 of 221 Posts