Kia Forte Forum banner
301 - 320 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got a duck tail spoiler which is held on via double sided tape. I thought I would need to screw it on due to the weight but it's holding on quite firmly with just tape. This is a love or hate type of style. I find it's a bit extreme but it'll do until something better comes along.
View attachment 81463
View attachment 81464
View attachment 81465
View attachment 81466
View attachment 81467
I use to have a 2020 Kia Forte gt and I’m not sure if anyone knew this but the Audi rs3 spoilers fit on the forte I used a forge carbon one I had gotten from eBay

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,202 Posts
Have you emptied both catch cans at the same time. If which had more in it
Somewhere in all these pages Arith mentioned this...he said the catch can between the PCV and intake has the oil while the catch can in the breather didn't have any oil to drain.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Somewhere in all these pages Arith mentioned this...he said the catch can between the PCV and intake has the oil while the catch can in the breather didn't have any oil to drain.
That's correct, sir. The PCV catch can I would empty every 3-5 months and it filled up about 20%. While the other catch can didn't get a single drop in about 5 months so I just removed it. The weight I saved not having a 2nd catch can has given me about a 10 hp boost. Lol.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line Fire Orange
44 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. I'll see if I can answer your questions.

1. Yes, the car is an automatic. Unfortunately we don't get the manual version (at least not yet) here in Australia.
2. Yes, I definitely recommend the throttle controller. I like the idea of being able to control the sensitivity in accordance to my driving mood at the time. I'm not sure what brands are available there, but in Australia I've installed the SAAS brand, which is cheap but performs flawlessly. It does it's job, letting you adjust the throttle sensitivity level on the fly.
3. For the red accents, I purchased a gloss black vinyl strip in 12mm. It covers the red stripe going across the back nicely (there will be some small gaps but it's not noticeable). As for the front, I was too lazy to remove the grilled and paint it, so I cut up small sections of the same vinyl stripe, and sat there and covered each red bit one by one. Took me about 2 hours, which in retrospect would have probably taken less time if I removed the bumper to remove the grille.
4. For the are between the taillights, I got a professional vinyl wrapper to do that bit as I don't have the skill (well, at least making it look neat). He used 3M gloss black vinyl as well and did it in about 15 minutes.
5. Yes for the LED on the foglights. The GT's the foglights use HB4/9006.
6. Here is the link where I bought the rear visor on eBay:

Good luck! Feel free to ask anything else!
Like the rear window spoiler, it says 2019, but will it fit a 2021 gt line? If it will then I'm buying it. Lol thanks

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,202 Posts
Like the rear window spoiler, it says 2019, but will it fit a 2021 gt line? If it will then I'm buying it. Lol thanks
Should be same same.
Trunk lids are the same - HOWEVER - the GT-Line trunk lid has 5 square holes in it for the current spoiler's mounting studs (because Kia was REALLY worried about it flying off <sarcasm>). While the new spoiler covers those holes, you want to make sure to seal them from water intrusion!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Thank you, just pulled the trigger and bought it. Now, have to wait for it to get here, gonna be a little bit.
...then post pictures...lots and lots of "how-to" pictures...:)

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
Trunk lids are the same - HOWEVER - the GT-Line trunk lid has 5 square holes in it for the current spoiler's mounting studs (because Kia was REALLY worried about it flying off <sarcasm>). While the new spoiler covers those holes, you want to make sure to seal them from water intrusion!
Trunk lid? Sorry, my bad. I thought he was referring to the rear window visor/spoiler that sits at the top of the rear window.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Trunk lid? Sorry, my bad. I thought he was referring to the rear window visor/spoiler that sits at the top of the rear window.
Actually, I think you are right Arith!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line Fire Orange
44 Posts
Yes it was the rear window spoiler, top of the rear glass. Not the trunk lid. I already ordered it and I should have it by the 19th of may.
Arith, I'm wanting a strut tower brace, can't seem to find the one I want. My car is a 2021 Forte GT-Line 2.0l. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
5,202 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts
301 - 320 of 340 Posts