Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Should be fine if you stuck with the stock wheels. They are a cool +55mm offset so plenty of clearance. Do you guys get the Michelin PS4 over there for tires? I found those to be quite harsh combined with the stock springs (in Australia it's tuned for performance so it's quite stiff). So when I swapped to Eibachs and Continental tires it was a more comfortable ride.
The Michelin PS4 were an option where I bought mine. I stayed with all season tires, which are some Kuhmos. I have noticed the ride is a little bumpy, more bumpy then I thought. I was planning on swapping to some continentals summer tires after next winter. I have heard good things about them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @Arith

I'm also a local from Sydney. I love your mod on your Cerato GT, it looks amazing and inspired me to start. You mentioned that you got a professional vinyl wrapper to black out the part between the tail lights. I also noticed that the part around the front grill (the silver part normally) is also blacked out, just wanted to ask if that was also wrapped? Either way, are you able to provide me some details on where you got it wrapped? Would love to start modding my Cerato GT also. Cheers!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm also a local from Sydney.
Ahh, cool. Come join us on Facebook: Kia Cerato GT & Modders Australia

I also noticed that the part around the front grill (the silver part normally) is also blacked out, just wanted to ask if that was also wrapped? Either way, are you able to provide me some details on where you got it wrapped?
Yeah, that's wrapped as it's too time consuming to remove the front bumper in order to remove the grill for painting. I can recommend one of two places, depending on where in Sydney you are. Are you in the east or out west?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The Michelin PS4 were an option where I bought mine. I stayed with all season tires, which are some Kuhmos. I have noticed the ride is a little bumpy, more bumpy then I thought. I was planning on swapping to some continentals summer tires after next winter. I have heard good things about them.
A lot of people are complaining about the stiff ride. The thing is, I found the ride after installing the Eibachs to be more comfortable than stock. I probably attribute this to the shorter bump stops that came with the Eibachs.
I reckon if you were to cut your bump stops so it allows for more wheel travel, it should make the ride more comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First time here and first post as well. I've been slowly building up my sedan. However because it's a daily driver I don't want to go too nuts on it. The good thing is that it's pretty new so stuff available for it is relatively low.

So far in the 5 weeks I've had it:
  • Custom axle back quad tip exhaust
  • K badge replacement (front & rear)
  • Eibach lowering springs
  • Throttle Controller
  • 19" Hussla dark chrome wheels /w Continental SportContact 5 235/35-19 tires
  • K&N panel filter
  • De-badged rear trunk
  • Aftermarket rear lip spoiler
  • Rear window smoked visor
  • Blacked out red accents from front grille and rear diffuser
  • LED'd pretty much everything (front and rear signal lights were a huge pain)
  • 15% ceramic tint all around
View attachment 79470 View attachment 79471 View attachment 79472 View attachment 79473 View attachment 79474 View attachment 79475 View attachment 79476
View attachment 79477

·
Registered
3 Posts
Loving the look of the ride. I stumbled upon this thread while looking for mods for my car. We seem to have a lot in common.

Mods:

K badges front and rear
Rear deck lid spoiler
K&N air filter
Plasti dipped over the chrome on the tiger nose grille (Plan to replace it with gloss black vinyl)
LED fog lamps to match the headlights and LED daytime running lights
Fumoto valve oil drain plug
Removed the Forte badge from the rear

Planned upgrades:

Axle back exhaust
Ceramic window tint
Rear window roof spoiler (After seeing it installed on yours)

I also like the idea of wrapping the rear center reflector bar in black.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Loving the look of the ride. I stumbled upon this thread while looking for mods for my car. We seem to have a lot in common.

Mods:

K badges front and rear
Rear deck lid spoiler
K&N air filter
Plasti dipped over the chrome on the tiger nose grille (Plan to replace it with gloss black vinyl)
LED fog lamps to match the headlights and LED daytime running lights
Fumoto valve oil drain plug
Removed the Forte badge from the rear

Planned upgrades:

Axle back exhaust
Ceramic window tint
Rear window roof spoiler (After seeing it installed on yours)

I also like the idea of wrapping the rear center reflector bar in black.
Looks good! Nice and clean. I'm jealous that I can't fit that duck tail spoiler that extends out a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My spoiler? From the pictures, it looks like we have the same one.

Also, where did you get those springs for the trunk. It's quite annoying that it only opens up half way from the release.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My spoiler? From the pictures, it looks like we have the same one.

Also, where did you get those springs for the trunk. It's quite annoying that it only opens up half way from the release.
Ahh, it appeared like you have the one that extends out a bit. I couldn't get that to fit on my GT because the holes left behind by the factory lip spoiler.

As for the trunk spring, I found this to be the best fitting

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I'm curious about your throttle response controller. Did your car not come with the 3 driving profiles that you can switch through from the factory? Eco, normal, and performance? Was the SAAS throttle control installed to replace that?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So I'm curious about your throttle response controller. Did your car not come with the 3 driving profiles that you can switch through from the factory? Eco, normal, and performance? Was the SAAS throttle control installed to replace that?
Naw, a throttle controller helps to enhance the experience. It makes the pedal more sensitive to the press, which gives the illusion of more power, and thus more fun. Plus it helps with the dead spots despite being in Sports mode.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The Avant Garde wheels didn't work out due to the low offset (+40mm offset with 8.5" wheels will not fit a lowered Forte). I ended up getting another set of 20x8.5 wheels with +45mm offset. The V8 V-14 wheels in matt black. They are ok. The wheels I still want are not available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love the look! I'm thinking of lowering my Cerato too. Since you daily drive yours, have you had any clearence issues because of the lower suspension (such as speed humps or driveways)?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I love the look! I'm thinking of lowering my Cerato too. Since you daily drive yours, have you had any clearence issues because of the lower suspension (such as speed humps or driveways)?
Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, being a daily driver I couldn't go too extreme with the lowering. The Eibachs are good. They are a moderate lowering at best. There's still plenty of ground clearance and I have no issues with speed humps nor driveways. If I had gotten coilovers I would have gone overboard and lowered it another 1-2 inches, but as it stands this ride height is perfect. Just enough to get rid of the fender gap yet still enough clearance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey mate can I get a link for a K badges, your Cerato is Hands down the best looking one I've seen

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hey mate can I get a link for a K badges, your Cerato is Hands down the best looking one I've seen
Thanks for the kind words. There are quite a few places you can get them from. I just got mine off eBay (unfortunately it's a China based seller so not sure if long delivery times due to COVID-19 are affecting America as well).

Here are more styles you can pick from:

But no matter where you get them from, the important thing is the size. Not quite the perfect fit because there isn't an exact match for the new Forte, but close enough:

Front - 110mm x 56mm
Rear - 129mm x 65mm

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hey mate do you know if a cold intake for a 19 veloster, would fit on our car?
Probably not the CAI. I checked and the AEM CAI for the Forte GT will fit the i30 and Elantra. No mention of the Veloster.

However the SRI should fit as the one for the Forte GT also fit the Elantra, i30, and the Veloster.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts