Kia Forte Forum banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Also ended up getting aftermarket weathershields. These ones were x6 pieces (as opposed to the standard x4). I like them better than the factory because they are straight all the way across without that divot in the middle.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Very nice mods, all tastefully done. I'd personally would have added a bit of contrast, which is just my personal preference. Does not diminish the good job you did. I'll add, a little bit jealous, because no way, I could drive with rims and low profile tires like that, not for long anyways. Our moonscapes, which pass for roads here in Québec province, would tear that to shreds that in a day or so.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Very nice mods, all tastefully done. I'd personally would have added a bit of contrast, which is just my personal preference. Does not diminish the good job you did. I'll add, a little bit jealous, because no way, I could drive with rims and low profile tires like that, not for long anyways. Our moonscapes, which pass for roads here in Québec province, would tear that to shreds that in a day or so.
Thanks. Most people would have injected red here and there. But once I decided on my theme of darkness and stealth, I stuck with it. That means no red, chrome, or any other contrasting shades.
Sydney roads aren't that best either but luckily I don't have to take it offroad or some country roads that aren't well maintained.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Arith...your definition of "lightly modded" is different from my definition of "lightly modded"...:D

Nice job! (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replaced the RaceChip with the JB4 piggyback tuning module.
How do you like the JB4?... I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself. But every time I'm about to, I start thinking about supporting mods that I would like prior to hooking up a piggyback. I end up with a list over $2,000. And that's before the JB4!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
How do you like the JB4?... I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself. But every time I'm about to, I start thinking about supporting mods that I would like prior to hooking up a piggyback. I end up with a list over $2,000. And that's before the JB4!
For me it's a stepping stone until I get a real ECU tune. The JB4 is sort of like the RaceChip. It's a one size fits all which may run good on some but average on others. The whole reason I bought the JB4 is because I thought I could get it custom tuned. But there's no support for the JB4 except for installing it or when it doesn't work.
Otherwise there are other piggy back solutions like the Unichip which has local support and tuners will custom tune it to your specific vehicle with your specific mods. But it's too expensive to start over again. So now it's just waiting for a more mainstream solution for ECU flashing comes out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time here and first post as well. I've been slowly building up my sedan. However because it's a daily driver I don't want to go too nuts on it. The good thing is that it's pretty new so stuff available for it is relatively low.

I've updated the mod list as of August 14, 2020:

Exhaust
  • Quad tip axle back muffler
  • Resonator deleted
Suspension
  • Eibach lowering springs (Pro Kit E10-42-047-01-22)
  • Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar (BHR98Z)
Lighting
  • All lights replaced with LED's (signal, trunk, interior, license plate, foglights, reverse, dome, map, vanity, glove box)
  • LED strips under footwells
  • Front sequential LED strip
Wheels
  • Rims: V8 V-14 wheels in matt black 20x8.5 (+45mm offset)
  • Tires: Lexani LX-20 235/30-20
Engine
  • aFe Power Takeda Intake
  • SaaS Throttle controller
  • GFB Respons Adjustable Blow-Off Valve
  • JB4 ECU module
Comfort & Convenience
  • Silent Guard noise insulation
  • Tensioned boot spring
  • Umbrella hooks
  • Cargo net
  • Boot liner
  • Piaa Sports Horns
  • Boot pull strap
  • Second cargo net behind the driver's seat
  • Boot hook for backpacks and shopping bags
Cosmetics
  • 15% ceramic window tint
  • Aftermarket boot lid spoiler
  • Rear window visor
  • Vinyl wrapped: red accent on rear diffuser, red accents on front grille, rear panel
  • Black/carbon fiber K badges
  • Vinyl wrapped lower interior doors
  • Vinyl wrapped lower front lip
  • Smoked taillights
  • Smoked front & rear signal lights, reverse lights
  • Carbon fiber plate over shift knob
  • Blackvue DR590 Dashcam

View attachment 80480

View attachment 80481

View attachment 79470 View attachment 79472
View attachment 79477
Hi, love the rear boot spoiler, can you please tell me where you got it from, part number and price please. Cheers Greg

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hi, love the rear boot spoiler, can you please tell me where you got it from, part number and price please. Cheers Greg
The Korean seller I bought from no longer ships to Australia due to covid, and the ones that are willing to ship to Australia will only do so with couriers. So it's getting quite expensive now. But you can get the spoiler here:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The Korean seller I bought from no longer ships to Australia due to covid, and the ones that are willing to ship to Australia will only do so with couriers. So it's getting quite expensive now. But you can get the spoiler here:

Arith, did your Forte come with a factory spoiler on it? If yes, was it held on by 5 studs/nuts and have square holes in the trunk lid?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Arith, did your Forte come with a factory spoiler on it? If yes, was it held on by 5 studs/nuts and have square holes in the trunk lid?
Yeah, it did. I almost broke 3 fingers trying to pry it off before I realized it was bolted down. Who the hell bolts down such a small spoiler? Most cars I know just use double sided tape.
In any case, the spoiler I wanted to use wasn't wide enough at top to cover up the holes. Luckily I also had the one I'm using now which happen to be wide enough to cover the square holes. But the holes seriously limits what style of spoiler I can use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also ended up getting aftermarket weathershields. These ones were x6 pieces (as opposed to the standard x4). I like them better than the factory because they are straight all the way across without that divot in the middle.

View attachment 81177
View attachment 81178
View attachment 81179

View attachment 81177
View attachment 81178
View attachment 81179
amazing work mate, can You tell me where did You get kia forte gt black side vent rear window quarter?? I like that touch...👍🏻

View attachment 81177
View attachment 81178
View attachment 81179

View attachment 81177
View attachment 81178
View attachment 81179
Nice work mate!!!👌 Can You plz tell me where did You get kia forte gt black side vent rear window quarter??
I like that touch in the car...👍🏻🙌

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
amazing work mate, can You tell me where did You get kia forte gt black side vent rear window quarter?? I like that touch...👍🏻

Nice work mate!!!👌 Can You plz tell me where did You get kia forte gt black side vent rear window quarter??
I like that touch in the car...👍🏻🙌
Being that it was sent from Korea, it wasn't cheap. You might be able to find cheaper alternatives from AliExpress, but I got these from eBay. Unfortunately according to their page the seller is away until January 28th.

You also have the option of glossy carbon ones as well:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Being that it was sent from Korea, it wasn't cheap. You might be able to find cheaper alternatives from AliExpress, but I got these from eBay. Unfortunately according to their page the seller is away until January 28th.

You also have the option of glossy carbon ones as well:

Thx mate!!! 👍🏻

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
where’d you get the weathershields? I been looking for a solid pair since the OEM ones suck lol
Got them off eBay from a Korean seller. Quality is excellent. However keep in mind these are a bit slimmer so they don't drop down as much.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Add hood struts which I bought from AliExpress. It was only a single side, but I guess that makes sense as the other side would clash with the existing prop stick. However it's more than adequate at lifting the hood and keeping it elevated.
Installation was a quick DIY in 15 minutes. Overall it's pretty good. Once you open the hood to a certain point the strut takes over and lifts it the rest of the way and keeps it open. No fuss.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Add hood struts which I bought from AliExpress. It was only a single side, but I guess that makes sense as the other side would clash with the existing prop stick. However it's more than adequate at lifting the hood and keeping it elevated.
Installation was a quick DIY in 15 minutes. Overall it's pretty good. Once you open the hood to a certain point the strut takes over and lifts it the rest of the way and keeps it open. No fuss. View attachment 81362
View attachment 81363
View attachment 81364
Looks like it uses existing hardware and holes...no drilling required. The top looks to use one of the hood insulator retainer holes - is that correct?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Looks like it uses existing hardware and holes...no drilling required. The top looks to use one of the hood insulator retainer holes - is that correct?
That is correct. The bottom attachment uses one of the strut bolts, and the top uses one of the insulation liner retainers. It comes with this metal ribbon with a nut at the end that you run behind the retainer hole and attach the connecting bolt to. But yes, no drilling or modification required.

61 - 80 of 132 Posts