Kia Forte Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Didn't want to spend much on an oil catch can, so just got a universal baffled one from eBay, some braided hoses, brackets, check valve, and just did my own one. Turned out ok. Was able to hide the hoses under the engine cover.

Had the carbon fiber door handle covers for a while but haven't had a chance to take any pictures of them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Cool thank you, was there any issues putting in on or did it fit right?
It's gloss black plastic. Just be careful you don't crack it. Just have to decide whether you want it sitting near the exhaust tips or the tire end.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Got a duck tail spoiler which is held on via double sided tape. I thought I would need to screw it on due to the weight but it's holding on quite firmly with just tape. This is a love or hate type of style. I find it's a bit extreme but it'll do until something better comes along.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got a duck tail spoiler which is held on via double sided tape. I thought I would need to screw it on due to the weight but it's holding on quite firmly with just tape. This is a love or hate type of style. I find it's a bit extreme but it'll do until something better comes along.
I like the spoiler. Not love, but a strong like and it's the best one I have seen yet.

I can't believe it took me this long to find your thread.:)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I like the spoiler. Not love, but a strong like and it's the best one I have seen yet.

I can't believe it took me this long to find your thread.:)
Yeah, I'm not keen on the tapered center or that divot on the top, but I was desparate for a duck tail.

LOL. I've been following your build thread for a while. My car is mainly show pony but you've got a good mix of both performance and looks. But your build inspired me to finally get off my ass and install the catch can.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Add hood struts which I bought from AliExpress. It was only a single side, but I guess that makes sense as the other side would clash with the existing prop stick. However it's more than adequate at lifting the hood and keeping it elevated.
Installation was a quick DIY in 15 minutes. Overall it's pretty good. Once you open the hood to a certain point the strut takes over and lifts it the rest of the way and keeps it open. No fuss.
Did what you buy come with just one side or did you get both but the one side didn't fit? If you got both I would imagine that you could just remove the old prop rod as it's no longer needed anyway. Or is it hitting something else too? Just trying to figure out my options as a windy day might make the hood close on you which isn't something your body parts will enjoy haha.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Did what you buy come with just one side or did you get both but the one side didn't fit? If you got both I would imagine that you could just remove the old prop rod as it's no longer needed anyway. Or is it hitting something else too? Just trying to figure out my options as a windy day might make the hood close on you which isn't something your body parts will enjoy haha.
The hood strut only came with one, which I thought was strange as I figured you would at least need two to support the hood. But sure enough, one was enough. But I think they made it so it would require the least amount of work possible. So no need to the remove the hood prop. But yeah, no need to remove it either as it's not in the way, just not in use. However I would like to keep it in place just as backup. Just in case.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The hood strut only came with one, which I thought was strange as I figured you would at least need two to support the hood. But sure enough, one was enough. But I think they made it so it would require the least amount of work possible. So no need to the remove the hood prop. But yeah, no need to remove it either as it's not in the way, just not in use. However I would like to keep it in place just as backup. Just in case.
Hmmm I have found one vendor that sells only one and another vendor that sells two struts and it looks like neither of them fit a 2020 Kia Forte but I bet they do, maybe I'll pull the trigger on the two strut vendor...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Hmmm I have found one vendor that sells only one and another vendor that sells two struts and it looks like neither of them fit a 2020 Kia Forte but I bet they do, maybe I'll pull the trigger on the two strut vendor...
Here's the link from where I bought mine if you're interested. Perfect fit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's the link from where I bought mine if you're interested. Perfect fit.

I bought from here.

Crossing fingers they work....

I also picked up the spoiler(wing) in Carbon Gloss Black

and the rear bumper pods

You are good at spending my money haha

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I bought from here.

Crossing fingers they work....

I also picked up the spoiler(wing) in Carbon Gloss Black

and the rear bumper pods

You are good at spending my money haha
Lol. People hate my posts because it means there's something new they might like and have to buy.

But yeah, the struts should work. There are multiple sellers selling the same item so it should be the same ones I bought. Oh nice, the spoiler in carbon. Should look good.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts