Kia Forte Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Even though I was pretty happy with my axle back muffler and res delete, I ended up with the XFORCE catback exhaust. A last minute impulse buy really, but worth it.

It was a great decision really, because being able to adjust the volume is extremely valuable as a daily driver. There will be times when I need it quiet, and there will be times when I want to cut loose and enjoy the exhaust in all it's splendor. Even with the valve open, it's still decently quiet during cruising situations on the freeway.

View attachment 80694
View attachment 80696
View attachment 80697

XFORCE exhaust with the valve open
Love the car man, amazing mods.
May I please ask where did you get the xforcw exhaust for sedan? Few places I have checked online are all saying it only works with hatch.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Love the car man, amazing mods.
May I please ask where did you get the xforcw exhaust for sedan? Few places I have checked online are all saying it only works with hatch.
Funny story that. When Xforce first released it for the Cerato/Forte they only test fitted it to the hatch, not knowing the hatch and sedan had different lengths. After this was pointed out they had to change it to hatch only.
I lent them my exhaust to help them with the sedan version and was lucky enough to get a set for myself.
However they are now waiting for the required parts for the sedan version, but there are delays due to COVID. They said they are hoping the the parts will arrive in a few weeks time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Funny story that. When Xforce first released it for the Cerato/Forte they only test fitted it to the hatch, not knowing the hatch and sedan had different lengths. After this was pointed out they had to change it to hatch only.
I lent them my exhaust to help them with the sedan version and was lucky enough to get a set for myself.
However they are now waiting for the required parts for the sedan version, but there are delays due to COVID. They said they are hoping the the parts will arrive in a few weeks time.
That makes a lot of sense now. :D

Thanks for the explanation man and thanks again for sharing your journey, helping me alot to choose what to do on my cerato.

What are your thoughts on this one? I believe it is tony's Mufflers and I saw one of their videos claiming about 30kw increase at wheels.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
What are your thoughts on this one? I believe it is tony's Mufflers and I saw one of their videos claiming about 30kw increase at wheels.

That's a lot of money for just an axleback, especially when you consider for just $200-$300 more you can get the Xforce catback that you not only unleashed more performance potential but you can control the volume. The biggest restriction to performance for the Cerato/Forte is the muffler and the 2nd cat. Remove both (Xforce) and you gained the most. Remove only 1 (axleback) and gains are minimal. Although you will get a better and louder exhaust note.
With a free flow axleback muffler you're probably looking at 3-5kw at most. Most of the gains will be a more robust WOT and a bit quicker response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's a lot of money for just an axleback, especially when you consider for just $200-$300 more you can get the Xforce catback that you not only unleashed more performance potential but you can control the volume. The biggest restriction to performance for the Cerato/Forte is the muffler and the 2nd cat. Remove both (Xforce) and you gained the most. Remove only 1 (axleback) and gains are minimal. Although you will get a better and louder exhaust note.
With a free flow axleback muffler you're probably looking at 3-5kw at most. Most of the gains will be a more robust WOT and a bit quicker response.
Fair enough, thanks for the valuable feedback. I will wait for the XFORCE one. I contacted them today and it looks like it will be in about in a month.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Rear Diffuser

A local Australian body parts maker had a rear diffuser for the Forte/Cerato. It's not quite an exact fit, but it was close enough to give the rear a more aggressive appearance. It's not bad. Install was a quick 20-30 minutes with just x4 bolts.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
Decided to ditch the splitter rods and give the front a less mechanical look. The diffuser from certain angles doesn't look too bad but might tone down the fins a bit.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts