Kia Forte Forum banner
141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Lol. While everyone else is piling on the performance mods, I'm dabbling with cosmetics.

Found a front splitter/lip meant for the Honda Civic, but since it was multi piece you can usually adjust it enough to fit. I like the way it kind of slants downward instead of just being a flat board.

This style makes the sides more subtle but emphasizes the 'fangs' in the middle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got some side skirt extensions to beef up the sides. Ever since the duck tail spoiler the sides look a bit skinny. Nothing fancy like the Air Design. Just a bit of poke for the sides.

View attachment 81678
View attachment 81679
View attachment 81680
View attachment 81681
View attachment 81682

Got some side skirt extensions to beef up the sides. Ever since the duck tail spoiler the sides look a bit skinny. Nothing fancy like the Air Design. Just a bit of poke for the sides.

View attachment 81678
View attachment 81679
View attachment 81680
View attachment 81681
View attachment 81682

hey bro, love how your cars looking. Was just wondering where you got the extensions? I just got one of my own yesterday so I’m looking to mod it out a bit!

·
Registered
3 Posts
And also, where did you get the carbon fiber for the interior of the car that’s around the air vents? And the steering wheel? Lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Angieee07 said:
Was just wondering where you got the extensions? I just got one of my own yesterday so I’m looking to mod it out a bit!
The extensions were made by EWing Aero Designs, a Sydney based company. They do ship international but it might be cheaper to find a shop close to you that does that sort of work.

Angieee07 said:
And also, where did you get the carbon fiber for the interior of the car that’s around the air vents? And the steering wheel? Lol
For the air vents try here:

For the steering wheel, if you have the GT, only the top part fits. The bottom part, even though they show a GT steering wheel, they only have it for the non-GT steering wheel. I ordered from x3 different sellers before I found this out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The extensions were made by EWing Aero Designs, a Sydney based company. They do ship international but it might be cheaper to find a shop close to you that does that sort of work.

For the air vents try here:

For the steering wheel, if you have the GT, only the top part fits. The bottom part, even though they show a GT steering wheel, they only have it for the non-GT steering wheel. I ordered from x3 different sellers before I found this out.

thank you bro 🙏🏻🙏🏻

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time here and first post as well. I've been slowly building up my sedan. However because it's a daily driver I don't want to go too nuts on it. The good thing is that it's pretty new so stuff available for it is relatively low.

I've updated the mod list as of March 2nd 2021:

Exhaust
  • Xforce catback exhaust
  • RS Style gloss black oval tips
Suspension
  • Eibach lowering springs (Pro Kit E10-42-047-01-22)
  • Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar (BHR98Z)
Lighting
  • All lights replaced with LED's (signal, trunk, interior, license plate, foglights, reverse, dome, map, vanity, glove box)
  • LED strips under footwells
Wheels
  • Rims: V8 V-14 wheels in matt black 20x8.5 (+45mm offset)
  • Tires: Kumho PS71 225/35-20 tires
Engine
  • aFe Power Takeda Intake
  • SaaS Throttle controller
  • GFB Respons Adjustable Blow-Off Valve
  • JB4 ECU module
  • JB4 Fuel Wire Adapter
  • MSD Ignition Coils
  • King 3D Air Intake Scoop
  • Intercooler Resonator Delete
  • Oil Catch Cans x2
Comfort & Convenience
  • Silent Guard noise insulation
  • Tensioned boot spring
  • Umbrella hooks
  • Cargo net
  • Boot liner
  • Piaa Sports Horns
  • Boot pull strap
  • Second cargo net behind the driver's seat
  • Boot hook for backpacks and shopping bags
Cosmetics
  • 15% ceramic window tint
  • R Style gloss black duck tail spoiler
  • Rear diffuser by Aero.Ball Customs
  • Side skirt extensions by Ewing

• Rear window visor
  • Vinyl wrapped: red accent on rear diffuser, red accents on front grille, rear panel
  • Brenthon badges
  • Vinyl wrapped lower interior doors
  • Vinyl wrapped lower front lip
  • Smoked taillights
  • Smoked front & rear signal lights, reverse lights
  • Carbon fiber plate over shift knob
  • Blackvue DR750X 2 Channel Dashcam
Video Clips

View attachment 81951

View attachment 81952

View attachment 80481

View attachment 79470 View attachment 79472
Will those springs fit on a 2020 Kia Forte?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Will those springs fit on a 2020 Kia Forte?
Sure they will. Ironically enough there are no springs made specifically for the Cerato/Forte. All the springs are made for other models that just happen to fit the Cerato/Forte as well:
  • i30
  • Veloster
  • Elantra

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, the car looks AMAZING! I was wondering the quarter window lovers where did you get them and what size were they to fit your car?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Hello, the car looks AMAZING! I was wondering the quarter window lovers where did you get them and what size were they to fit your car?
The eBay sellers I bought from no longer sell them (I guess they sold out?). But these are the only ones I've found on searching through eBay, AliExpress, and Amazon. Mine are black plastic, not metal as some are selling just so you're aware. But man, these are not cheap though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
I haven't posted for a while because my car is at the dealership awaiting a part from Korea. They said it may take 2-3 months. sigh

Anyway, my issue is with the transmission. My car started to miss 1st and 2nd gear, and would jolt violently into neutral when I accelerate from a stopped position. This would happen 1 out of every 4 starts, which is scary because my car would stall as I'm turning or merging, and could have resulted in an accident.
I contacted Kia Australia but they could have cared less, so I was forced to drive around for 5 weeks until I could get my car into the dealership for repairs.
They found the issue to be with the gear selector fork in the DCT. It was prematurely worn. This problem rear it's ugly head during my 1st month of ownership, but it only happened once so I was unable to reproduce it and report it to the dealer.
In any case, the part was not available so it took Kia Australia 2 weeks to finally approve the repair under warranty, and then the part has to be ordered from Kia in South Korea. By boat no less. So it's going to take 2-3 months. During this time they've rented me a car from a 3rd party service at $60 a day. So instead of spending $150 on courier shipping, they would rather spend thousands on car rental.
I've been given a S base model, which is probably equivalent to the Forte FE over in North America. I figured since I have this for 2-3 months, might as well customize it to make it a bit more unique while I drive around. Nothing permanent or complex like suspension or exhaust, just 5 minute cosmetic mods that I can revert back to stock when I have to return the car.

I have a lot of spares from my GT, so I decided to use them on this car. So far:
  • Replaced all the bulbs with LEDs
  • Swapped the wheels
  • Carbon fiber door handle covers
  • Put some vinyl on the DRLs to make them look angel eyes
  • Vinyl K sticker on the badges
  • SRI cone filter
  • Stubby antenna
  • Plastidip the chrome bezel on the grilll

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
What do you think about the performance of your S model rental?

NA 2019 Fortes had an "S" model available - it resembles the GT-Line with the EX's silver wheels.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT 6MT Gravity Grey
102 Posts
I haven't posted for a while because my car is at the dealership awaiting a part from Korea. They said it may take 2-3 months. sigh

Anyway, my issue is with the transmission. My car started to miss 1st and 2nd gear, and would jolt violently into neutral when I accelerate from a stopped position. This would happen 1 out of every 4 starts, which is scary because my car would stall as I'm turning or merging, and could have resulted in an accident.
I contacted Kia Australia but they could have cared less, so I was forced to drive around for 5 weeks until I could get my car into the dealership for repairs.
They found the issue to be with the gear selector fork in the DCT. It was prematurely worn. This problem rear it's ugly head during my 1st month of ownership, but it only happened once so I was unable to reproduce it and report it to the dealer.
In any case, the part was not available so it took Kia Australia 2 weeks to finally approve the repair under warranty, and then the part has to be ordered from Kia in South Korea. By boat no less. So it's going to take 2-3 months. During this time they've rented me a car from a 3rd party service at $60 a day. So instead of spending $150 on courier shipping, they would rather spend thousands on car rental.
I've been given a S base model, which is probably equivalent to the Forte FE over in North America. I figured since I have this for 2-3 months, might as well customize it to make it a bit more unique while I drive around. Nothing permanent or complex like suspension or exhaust, just 5 minute cosmetic mods that I can revert back to stock when I have to return the car.

I have a lot of spares from my GT, so I decided to use them on this car. So far:
  • Replaced all the bulbs with LEDs
  • Swapped the wheels
  • Carbon fiber door handle covers
  • Put some vinyl on the DRLs to make them look angel eyes
  • Vinyl K sticker on the badges
  • SRI cone filter
  • Stubby antenna
  • Plastidip the chrome bezel on the grilll

View attachment 83023
View attachment 83024
View attachment 83025
View attachment 83026
View attachment 83027
View attachment 83029
View attachment 83031
Such little things make it look so much better and aggressive! Looks great 🔥 been meaning to ask you how did you plastidip the grille? Was it hard?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Such little things make it look so much better and aggressive! Looks great 🔥 been meaning to ask you how did you plastidip the grille? Was it hard?
Thanks. It was relatively easy as I just covered the surround and painted the entire middle part including the chrome. But I did an extremely fast and dodgy job because it's only in place for a few months and I did it myself for free.
I highly recommend getting it vinyl wrapped, which is longer lasting and sturdy.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT 6MT Gravity Grey
102 Posts
Thanks. It was relatively easy as I just covered the surround and painted the entire middle part including the chrome. But I did an extremely fast and dodgy job because it's only in place for a few months and I did it myself for free.
I highly recommend getting it vinyl wrapped, which is longer lasting and sturdy.
I just noticed you did the chrome to 😂 I was really focused on the “teeth” cus I wanted to black those out as well

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
I just noticed you did the chrome to 😂 I was really focused on the “teeth” cus I wanted to black those out as well
Ahh, for the GT it's a different story. I had a vinyl guy do the chrome surround. For the red inserts, I got a strip of vinyl, cut out small pieces, and proceeded to wrap each individual red accent. Pain in the ass. Took like 2 hours. Lol.
If you're keen on doing that, a few people have just painted the entire grill, which looks good. For me, it involves removing the front bumper which I was too lazy to do. But I'm sure that would have taken less time than to sit there for 2 hours. Lol.
However I was able to wrap a single column in gunmetal to give it a personal touch.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Ahh, for the GT it's a different story. I had a vinyl guy do the chrome surround. For the red inserts, I got a strip of vinyl, cut out small pieces, and proceeded to wrap each individual red accent. Pain in the ass. Took like 2 hours. Lol.
If you're keen on doing that, a few people have just painted the entire grill, which looks good. For me, it involves removing the front bumper which I was too lazy to do. But I'm sure that would have taken less time than to sit there for 2 hours. Lol.
However I was able to wrap a single column in gunmetal to give it a personal touch. View attachment 83033
That's dedication!

141 - 160 of 184 Posts