Kia Forte Forum banner
161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Slapped on a universal spoiler that attaches via double sided tape. It seems sturdy enough. Just hope it doesn't fly off into the car behind me on the freeway.
To be honest, I think it sits a bit too high. But otherwise it does give the car a bit of sporty appeal.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Slapped on a universal spoiler that attaches via double sided tape. It seems sturdy enough. Just hope it doesn't fly off into the car behind me on the freeway.
To be honest, I think it sits a bit too high. But otherwise it does give the car a bit of sporty appeal.
You have definitely been bitten by the mod-bug!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Anyone that's interested in the new Kia logo, I got these sticker overlays today from AliExpress. They are quite thin so will wrinkle easily if not careful.
But otherwise it was only $20 AUD for a set of front and rear badges, steering wheel, and x4 wheel caps.
Again, these are overlay stickers that cover the badge.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Got a call from Kia to say my car has been repaired and to come pick it up the next day, which means I need to return the loan car. So I did the whole flight of the bumble bees dance and spent 2.5 hours returning the car to stock condition.
So loan car has been returned, I've picked up my car. I've uploaded the work card from the dealer on what they've done. Replaced the select forks and a few other bits. A bit alarmed at the 'poor quality of material' of the factory fork. So wonder quite a few issues are happening globally with the DCT.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Good to hear!
I can't wait to see your next posts on what you've done to your GT! Time to catch up...LOL!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Good to hear!
I can't wait to see your next posts on what you've done to your GT! Time to catch up...LOL!
Lol. Naw, that's probably it for me at this stage. I can't do anymore without ruining it's practicality as a daily driver.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Lol. Our roads usually aren't that smooth.
LOL.

I get all my information about Australia from official documentaries.

Documentaries like "Mad Max", "Road Warrior", "Beyond Thunderdome", and "On The Beach"...:)

The clothing attire leaves much to be desired...and I guess they don't like to sit inside the cars...LOL!

JK!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Post Repair Update

So far it's been less than a week, but I wanted to report that everything is going well so far. I'm still driving conservatively because of my PTSD from the stalling, but it's starting to fade. All the mods are back in: BOV at full atmo, the JB4, the HKS plugs, and the MSD coils. There hasn't been any stalls and the car feels solid.

Lol. After 6 weeks of driving a non-push button start, I'm still reaching for the ignition key on the right side to turn the car off out of habit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Post Repair Update

So far it's been less than a week, but I wanted to report that everything is going well so far. I'm still driving conservatively because of my PTSD from the stalling, but it's starting to fade. All the mods are back in: BOV at full atmo, the JB4, the HKS plugs, and the MSD coils. There hasn't been any stalls and the car feels solid.

Lol. After 6 weeks of driving a non-push button start, I'm still reaching for the ignition key on the right side to turn the car off out of habit.

View attachment 83408
View attachment 83409
Hey! This build is amazing! Can you update all of the mods and changes you have for this car? I have a 2020 Forte GT that I would love to build just like yours.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Hey! This build is amazing! Can you update all of the mods and changes you have for this car? I have a 2020 Forte GT that I would love to build just like yours.
Hopefully this is everything. Mostly cosmetic stuff.

Exhaust
  • XFORCE Varex Catback Exhaust
  • Gloss Black Quad Exhaust Tips
Suspension
  • Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs [Part Number E10-42-047-01-22]
  • Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway Bar [Part Number BHR98Z]
Illumination
  • LED Upgrade: Signal, Reverse, Boot, Dome, Map, Vanity, Glove Box, License Plate, Foglights
  • LED Footwell Strips
Engine
  • aFe Power Takeda Intake
  • SaaS Throttle Controller
  • GFB Respons Adjustable Blow-Off Valve
  • JB4 ECU Control Module
  • JB4 Fuel Wire Adapter
  • MSD Ignition Coils
  • King 3D Air Intake Scoop
  • Intercooler Resonator Delete
  • Oil Catch Can [x2]
Wheels
  • V8 V-14 Matt Black Wheels [20 x 8.5, +45mm Offset]
  • Kumho PS71 Tires [225/35-20]
  • Black Spline Wheel Nuts [12x1.5]
Cosmetics
  • Brenthon G3 Front & Rear Badges [Black & Gunmetal]
  • Brenthon Steering Wheel Emblem
  • Brenthon Wheel Cap Logo
  • Brushed Metallic Door Scuff Plates
  • De-Badged: Cerato & GT
  • Duck Tail R Style Spoiler
  • Gloss Black B Pillar Covers
  • MGP Black Metallic Caliper Covers
  • Mishimoto Oil Cap
  • Paddle Shift Extensions
  • Quarter Panel C Pillar Cover
  • Rear Diffuser [Aero.Ball]
  • Rear Window Visor
  • Side Skirt Extensions [E-Wing]
  • Slimline Weathershields
  • Smoked Vinyl: Taillights, Front & Rear Signal Lights, Reverse Lights
  • Honda Civic Universal Front Lip
  • Universal Rear Pods
  • Eyelids
Carbon Fiber Overlays
  • Air Vents
  • Center Dash
  • Cup Holder Bezel [Front & Rear]
  • Exterior Door Handles
  • Ignition Button
  • Ignition Button Cover
  • Shift Bezel
  • Side Mirrors
  • Speaker Bezel [A Pillar]
Vinyl Wrap
  • Front Grille
  • Hand Brake Cover
  • Hazard Light Button
  • Lower Front Lip
  • Lower Interior Doors
  • Rear Lower Bumper
  • Steering Wheel Spoke
Comfort | Convenience |Safety
  • Black Floor Mats
  • Blackvue DR750X 2-Channel Dashcam
  • Blackvue Power Magic Battery
  • Bonnet Hood Strut
  • Boot Hook
  • Boot Pull Strap
  • Cargo Net
  • Ceramic Window Tint [15%]
  • Dashboard Mat
  • K&N Cabin Air Filter
  • Kia Boot Liner
  • Piaa Sports Horns
  • Silent Guard Butyl Noise Insulation
  • Snap Shades [Rear]
  • Sunshades [Front]
  • Tensioned Boot Spring
  • Umbrella Hooks

·
Registered
3,094 Posts

I'm biased toward the sewer-pipe look because of my Evilla Motorsports exhaust...so I like the large circular exhaust tips...LOL!

Large round makes it look muscular (boxers)*
Factory flat ovals make it look tame (panties)
Quads make it look like it wants to be an Italian sportscar (out of place thong)...IMO...LOL!

*Wife added the visuals...:)

161 - 180 of 184 Posts