Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all Fortes come with automatic light shut off ?? I thought mine did. I even tested it when I first got it ... Well tonight I got paged at work "to the owner of a blue Kia Forte, please dial the operator ..." Not a great feeling ... But they said my lights were on, and I thought that once you pull the keys out of the ignition, the lights shut off ... Am I going to have to go to the dealer for this ??? Please say it ain't so ...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
LOL, Ok I went throu this when I first got my koup,
If you open the door too your car before you pull the key out of the ignition the auto off feature does not work.

Its a bit werid but somebody on hear had to explain it too me lol Hope this helps

·
Registered
444 Posts
I know with my car, when the key comes out the headlights turn off and when the drivers door is opened, the parking lights follow suit. I would suggest testing it a couple times before making any assumptions, but if they don't turn off automatically, bring it in!

·
Registered
533 Posts
The only question I have is, is yours equipped with the tech package with the push start ignition? IF so it will change how the auto off works..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No auto off after you open the door ??? oh man, that's a problem lol ... I will double check and try different things. I emailed the dealer and see what they say ... Otherwise, I'll just have to shut them off everytime ... I leave the driving lights on all the time, and they usually shut off after I turn the car off and I can safely walk away, we'll see what happens ... Other than that, love the car :) AND I still have not seen another one like mine on the road, and I drive alot lol

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
just to clarify things here, when owners say that your lights stay on, they mean parking lights. i found it impossiblee to put your low beams on without the key on the ON position

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Parking lights is right . Thanks for clarifying that for me ... So I tried again this weekend, and as long as I take the key out before I open the door, the parking lights shut off :)

Case solved !

·
Registered
71 Posts
That explains it. We pulled up to a restaurant and the wife was still on the phone. I got out and walked around to wait on her. When she got out, she grabbed the keys (left them in so she could roll up her window). When we came out of the restaurant later, I noticed my parking lights were on, and I was like "WTF??" :p

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I have already wondered, how can I leave the parking lights on, should I need or want that (for example, on a wintry night on a country road, badly illuminated, need to stop for a few minutes and want to keep the parking lights on).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts